OR Simulation Problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a model rocket to upscale to use a 24" long 7.5" body tube I had left over from my L3 rocket. The Estes Swift looks like a good candidate for it. I downloaded a RocSim file off of Rocketreviews.com and scaled it up and then added a 54mm motor tube and CR's, parachute, etc. For some reason the motor hangs way out the back of the rocket (not the tube). I can't see what I did wrong. Attached is my OR file. Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• estes_swift upscale 7.51.ork
    2.4 KB · Views: 16
Motor over hang is adjustable. Click on your motor tube and go into the options. Unfortunately I am at work and can't remember exactly which 'button' it is that allows you to make the adjustment.

Motor over hang is adjustable. Click on your motor tube and go into the options. Unfortunately I am at work and can't remember exactly which 'button' it is that allows you to make the adjustment.
I believe it is on the same tab where you designate an "Inner tube" as a "Motor tube".

interesting, your airframe is designated as a motor mount as is the inner tube. if you edit the body tube to item is a motor mount and untick that box things will work(you will have to go through the motor selection process again). fixed file below.
Rex

Attachments

• estes_swift upscale 7.51fixed.ork
    2.3 KB · Views: 15
interesting, your airframe is designated as a motor mount as is the inner tube. if you edit the body tube to item is a motor mount and untick that box things will work(you will have to go through the motor selection process again). fixed file below.
Rex

Rex,

That makes sense when I started with the Estes sim. It is a minimum diameter rocket. I unchecked the body tube and it works great.

Back