Quantcast

Option to have pics open in a new window?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Bravo52

Reaction score
Is there an option to have pics open in a new window? Now, if you cancel a picture, it closes Explorer.......:(

Indiana

Reaction score
If you right click on the thumbnail and click "open link in new window", it will open in a new window.

MarkII

Reaction score
They also seem to take a long time to open (but they do, eventually. Most of the time.)

I don't know about Explorer, but I cancel them In Firefox by just re-clicking on the Taskbar item representing the forum's window.

Mark \\.

Trident

Retired, plenty of kits
Reaction score
They also seem to take a long time to open (but they do, eventually. Most of the time.)

I don't know about Explorer, but I cancel them In Firefox by just re-clicking on the Taskbar item representing the forum's window.

Mark \\.
I use Google Chrome (I used to be a Firefox junkie), and the "X" in the upper right of the picture window will close the picture just fine. Chrome is nice, too, since it is has a nice clean design, and most of the real estate is the viewing window. I have it automatically open all the forums (and it remembers logins like Firefox), my photobucket account, and it could open more if desired.

You might want to give it a try.

MarkII

Reaction score
I use Google Chrome (I used to be a Firefox junkie), and the "X" in the upper right of the picture window will close the picture just fine. Chrome is nice, too, since it is has a nice clean design, and most of the real estate is the viewing window. I have it automatically open all the forums (and it remembers logins like Firefox), my photobucket account, and it could open more if desired.

You might want to give it a try.
Have they killed most of the bugs in Chrome yet? I have been interested in trying it, but I wanted to wait until it was sufficiently stable.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about clicking on the close box after the attachment has loaded. I was referring to canceling an attachment that is still in the process of being loaded. I seem to need to do that about every other time, because the loading seems to go into an infinite loop, and is never completed. Clicking on the close box at that point seems to have no effect, nor does right-clicking on the window, and the Stop icon on the toolbar remains grayed out, so clicking on it won't do anything either. But simply clicking on the browser's button on the Taskbar (in XP, at any rate), takes me right back to where I was before I clicked on the attachment, and there is no further sign if the endlessly looping window.

Mark \\.

Trident

Retired, plenty of kits
Reaction score
Have they killed most of the bugs in Chrome yet? I have been interested in trying it, but I wanted to wait until it was sufficiently stable.

Mark \\.
I've had no real issues, been using it for a few months. I checked, and it is version 1.0.154.43 -- and there I noticed a new version is available. I've had a page or two that didn't seem to load well, or maybe a cascading menu does not work well. I've had some issues in Firefox, too. It is the one reason I occasionally use IE (very occasionally).