• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Opps... I screwed up Sale...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apogee

Reaction score
:surprised:
The "Oops... I screwed up" sale

Buy from Apogee Components right now, and receive 10 percent off your purchase!

That's right, now is a good time to buy rocketry items because I screwed up and got myself into a little cash deficit. So to raise some money a little quicker, I'm going to do a small sale, and you're the one to benefit.

Place your order between now and August 22, 2008, mention the coupon code: "Summer1" and we'll deduct 10% off your order subtotal. Please note: our web site does not automatically deduct the discount, so we will issue you a credit back to your card as we ship out your order. Not valid with any other discount.

If you are a newsletter subscriber, please remember to use the other coupon code found in the email I sent on August 12. It pays to be a subscriber, because that offer was slightly better than this one.

Here is another reason to buy now:

We have received word from several of our vendors that they are raising prices again at the beginning of September. I want to give you this head's up, so that you know that by ordering rockets now will actually save you additional money! You do like saving money, don't you?

In case you are wondering, here's what happened that caused this cash deficit.

Five years ago, I signed a 60-month lease contract on some equipment for Apogee Components. I've been having the monthly payments electronically deducted from my checking account to keep things simple. What I forgot is that the 60-months was coming up - this past month...

The way I read the contract was that I could continue to lease the equipment under the same terms as I had. And that was possible. But the fine print of the contract said I had to tell the bank of my intentions at least 30-days ahead of time; which of course, I forgot to do (my screw up). Because I didn't give them the 30-day notice, the contract stipulated that I would purchase the equipment at the end of 60-months for an agreed-upon price. So they assumed I wanted to do that, and automatically deducted from my checking account the money. And it was a large chunk of money that they took out.

It was a shock to see my checking account drop so dramatically in one day. I suppose it was a good thing I had that money in the account. I had been saving up that money to send my new book "Model Rocket Design and Construction" off to the printer this month.

The good news is that I now own the equipment free-and-clear, and I no longer have to make monthly payments on it. I will be saving money in the long term, which is good for the company and great customers like you. It will help us hold down prices on our products.

But now I may have to delay getting the design book printed. I hate to do that, since we've pre-sold hundreds of them. If you know me, you understand that I never want to do anything that would inconvenience our customers.

That is why I am having this little sale. I want to get a bump in cash flow so that I can still send off the book to the printer this month. BTW, the book is done, and is ready to go to press. It is this little screw-up of mine that is preventing it from going today. I'm real sorry about the situation, and I take full responsibility for it.

I will do anything to keep my good name and get the book to the printer as quick as possible. That is why we're having this one-time sale.

Just to repeat the sale terms: Buy your rocketry products from Apogee Components between now and August 22, 2008, and we'll take 10% off the sub-total price. All you have to do is mention the coupon code "Summer1" when you're going through the check-out process on our web site. We'll refund back to your credit card the 10% as we pack up and ship your order. We are still guaranteeing same-day shipping if your order comes in by 2 p.m. (Mountain Time Zone). That means you'll have your items in no time!

Hmmm, seems like the perfect time to ask "The Bank of Wife" about a small loan.

That Mad Cow Rocketry Army Hawk has been calling my name lately.

A perfect opportunity to use your Delta Skymiles Amex card, get a half dozen Satrun Vs and a bunch of miles. Build and fly 4 or 5 of them and save the other one or two if you wish.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Tim,

I don't build many little rockets anymore but I am interested in the Cosmodrome Aerobee-Hi Kit. It looks like a fun way to get into staging composite motors and I've already got several flight computers that can handle sustainer ignition.

The website shows it as being on backorder and I was wondering when it will be available. If it is in the near future I don't mind making the purchase so you'll have the money for what you need and I can just wait on the kit. You can also set up drop shipping from the manufacturer to save everyone on shipping costs and time.

I would need a longer section of airframe for the booster section so I can get it off the pad with a small "H" motor. I really don't like the flight profile with just a "G". I'll work with you or the manufacturer on the extra cost.

Andrew Grippo

Quote:

Place your order between now and August 22, 2008, mention the coupon code: "Summer1" and we'll deduct 10% off your order subtotal. Please note: our web site does not automatically deduct the discount, so we will issue you a credit back to your card as we ship out your order. Not valid with any other discount.

Tim,

According to the Apogee Website the code is Summer2. I used Summer2 when I made my purchase. I hope it works.

Keith

it might be the same discount, but he could track where the sales where coming from if you used summer1.... at least thats my guess

Tim,

I don't build many little rockets anymore but I am interested in the Cosmodrome Aerobee-Hi Kit. It looks like a fun way to get into staging composite motors and I've already got several flight computers that can handle sustainer ignition.

The website shows it as being on backorder and I was wondering when it will be available. If it is in the near future I don't mind making the purchase so you'll have the money for what you need and I can just wait on the kit. You can also set up drop shipping from the manufacturer to save everyone on shipping costs and time.

I would need a longer section of airframe for the booster section so I can get it off the pad with a small "H" motor. I really don't like the flight profile with just a "G". I'll work with you or the manufacturer on the extra cost.

Andrew Grippo

Andrew,

Good news: I'm working on some Aerobees right now. Bad news: Because of the price of balsa going up I've had to raise my prices.

I can't help with the long section of booster tube. It's a custom size tube and I get it precut in that length.

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

Andrew,

Good news: I'm working on some Aerobees right now. Bad news: Because of the price of balsa going up I've had to raise my prices.

I can't help with the long section of booster tube. It's a custom size tube and I get it precut in that length.

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

Mike, couldn't you figure out a price for a second tube and let Andrew figure out how to join them?

From the original message...

Oh I cannot believe I missed that in the newsletter mail, and missed it in the original post. I just got too excited and opened the newsletter link from the e-mail, then today I opened Tim's post and copied the code to go shopping. Not reading beyond the newsletter link or the posts discount code.

I even ordered a PNC 56A as mentioned in the newsletter.

I hope Tim reads this and stuffs my stocking with a few of the newsletter bonuses as I have some strap on boosters I want for a rocket...

hint hint Tim my e-mail is [email protected] for the purposes of looking up my order :D

Back