Opinions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the backlash on this thread, Andrew, maybe it's time for a third or fourth member account? This one seems played out.

Andrew, in most of your threads that get locked, at some point you post something along the lines of, "This may make some people mad, but I don't care, because it's my opinion." After you type that, you should stop, think about it, then click the "Cancel" button. It's at the bottom right corner under the reply box.

The reason you get chased down the beach is that you aren't just stating an opinion, you are trolling controversial topics for the purpose of pissing people off. You come off as an a-hole, and I think you like it. Don't complain if people get angry. That's what you are trying to make happen. You are getting what you want. Take a look at yourself and think about why you enjoy it so much. Is there something wrong?

That is really not me. That is clip from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The character is jack sparrow.

That is really not me. That is clip from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The character is jack sparrow.

But you said that's how you feel in post #1, right? Seems to me that's what many here think of you to say the least!

Andrew, it is simple. You need to learn to filter your thoughts in such a way as to consider the audience and venue. You have issue doing that. We are essentially here to discuss rockets- if you keep to that you will be fine.

My bad. I thought Jack Sparrow was one of your many TRF user names, and I always visualized you as wearing eyeliner.

It appears to me that you crave attention and will do whatever it takes to get it; even knowingly violating the forum rules. And then when you get called out for it you act innocent. That is very childish in my opinion.

But you said that's how you feel in post #1, right? Seems to me that's what many here think of you to say the least!

Yes. I was saying that is not me personally in the clip it is representing sometimes how I feel lol.

Did everyone have a good dump this morning?

I'm still waiting, but have high hopes.

Will update soon.

ColumbiaNX01, you are new here and you should fit into the norms and rules of the forum. The older members here have tried to help you out by letting you know those. You need to pay attention to them.

And that is MY OPINION

ETA: I have been informed that Columbia is Andrew. We are working on things. Thanks.

I just interpret the watering hole different. I understand if some don't like but a person doesn't have to open the thread. I know there are different sections of the forum i never look at. I generally look at the watering hole, HPR section, vendor, and for sale section. All other sections I dont look at.

That would be great if you owned the forum. Then it would be your rules. But since someone else has a privately-owned forum that you post on, you need to follow their rules. Just like you'd be a total jerk to go into someone's house, pull out a cigar, and light it up anyway when the homeowner asks you to take it outside. If you can't see what's wrong with that, you need to grow up. What pisses me off is that you keep flagrantly breaking the rules and then putting on an innocent act. Most people grow out of that around age 4. Most adults don't give people over age 4 the benefit of the doubt in those situations.

That said, you do have some useful threads, like the backyard shop one. That's a great example of a constructive thread to put in the Watering Hole. As for why the mods don't delete your political threads altogether? Dunno, but they have a lot more patience than I would.

This is closed, but not deleted so others can read and learn.

In the interest of being open about our moderation and to avoid the appearance of being too heavy handed, Posts that are out of line, but do not generate an abundance of complaints are, sometimes, locked instead of deleted. This also serves to (hopefully) demonstrate to others how threads can go wrong and end up locked.

Being locked instead of being deleted should not give the impression that the subject was "okay" or "not as bad" as a thread that was deleted.

All of the mods have jobs and real lives that keep them busy. If a thread has generated enough complaints that we had to get involved to delete, edit, or lock it, it can be generally assumed that this is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back