Opinions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
This is how feel when I put my personal opinion online this forum. I love this movie.

[video=youtube;BPAeVYgbw4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPAeVYgbw4U[/video]

Oh I get it. An illustration (cause none of us can run very well). :)

raw

So why waste your time Andrew?

Isn't the watering hole for non rocketry related items within the rules of the TRF? I know some of my topics walk a fine tight rope on what is allowed and not allowed. When I post rocketry related topics I post them in other areas of the forum like the HPR section. If people dont like the watering hole why dont the mods get rid of it. I dont feel like it wastes my time. If I spent hrs of my day on here then I would feel like it wastes my time.

Isn't the watering hole for non rocketry related items within the rules of the TRF? I know some of my topics walk a fine tight rope on what is allowed and not allowed. When I post rocketry related topics I post them in other areas of the forum like the HPR section. If people dont like the watering hole why dont the mods get rid of it. I dont feel like it wastes my time. If I spent hrs of my day on here then I would feel like it wastes my time.

Take your opinions to Facebook and share them with your friends. Sure I have friends on TRF, but mostly just rocketry acquaintances. Not everyone on TRF wants to hear my personal opinions. That's where I use Facebook. The watering hole is like a place for non-rocketry rocketry topics. For example: ATF passes new regulation. Or maybe hobby lobby has a sale. Or maybe my favorite memory of launching rockets.
See, all topics of interest to rocket people but not really needing a sub forum, therefore... Watering Hole.
Everything else belongs elsewhere.
Unless you're purposely trying to irritate people.

Take your opinions to Facebook and share them with your friends. Sure I have friends on TRF, but mostly just rocketry acquaintances. Not everyone on TRF wants to hear my personal opinions. That's where I use Facebook. The watering hole is like a place for non-rocketry rocketry topics. For example: ATF passes new regulation. Or maybe hobby lobby has a sale. Or maybe my favorite memory of launching rockets.
See, all topics of interest to rocket people but not really needing a sub forum, therefore... Watering Hole.
Everything else belongs elsewhere.
Unless you're purposely trying to irritate people.

I just interpret the watering hole different. I understand if some don't like but a person doesn't have to open the thread. I know there are different sections of the forum i never look at. I generally look at the watering hole, HPR section, vendor, and for sale section. All other sections I dont look at.

This is the first line of the TRF rules and guidelines:
1. The goal of TRF is to provide an environment where everyone can kick back, relax, and be comfortable. To that end, certain topics are off-limits -- politics, sex, and religion.

I fail to see what is so difficult to comprehend here. The rules are not suspended in The Watering Hole.

1. The goal of TRF is to provide an environment where everyone can kick back, relax, and be comfortable. To that end, certain topics are off-limits -- politics, sex, and religion.

I fail to see what is so difficult to comprehend here. The rules are not suspended in The Watering Hole.

They don't apply to Andrew or he doesn't know how to read.

Agreed. A place to hang out and shoot the bull. Nothing about this thread has violated those rules. I know some of my others threads were boarder line. Look at the OP that explains what this thread is meant to say. I feel nothing but relaxed and comfortable here on this forum.

I just interpret the watering hole different. I understand if some don't like but a person doesn't have to open the thread. I know there are different sections of the forum i never look at. I generally look at the watering hole, HPR section, vendor, and for sale section. All other sections I dont look at.

That is just too easy Columbia...

Way more fun to whine and complain...

Please, please, please, MODS...

Make the bad person stop...

I can't enjoy my precious forum...

Oh my eyes, my eyes, my eyes...

Make it STOP...

Please, please, please...:lol:

Yes, you DID know and that was the point of having your threads locked down. Does it require any further explanation?

I'm more than aware of that. They locked them because YOU ignored the rules.

Locking them prevents people from adding to the discussion. Okay, if it was against the rules and why did the mods not completely delete and remove the thread?? So of the rules were broken and its still there for people to see then what have they accomplished. Seems to me if I broke the rules the whole thread would be deleted.

What the hell did you expect? Are you really this naive? And thanks for the profile visit BTW.

What the hell did you expect? Are you really this naive? And thanks for the profile visit BTW.

I completely understand when I put a topic up it may ruffle the feathers. But we are all adults here. We need to act like professionals. If someone cant handle a little bloody nose then maybe that person should run home to mommy and daddys house and hide under their bed.

In my prior career with the US Marine Corporation, we used to have "Mess Night," where we would have a formal evening dinner and recount all sorts of our traditions, and above all, have a good time and talk to each other.

There were 3 rules to the conversation you had to follow at all times: NO talking about *work*, NO talking about *religion*, and NO talking about *politics*.

When you didn't discuss these things, everybody had a great time and got to know each other better. In my regular life, I enjoy talking to people, and never bring up any of those 3 things. I'm constantly amazed by people who can't talk about anything other than those 3 things, especially work! I always wonder, why talk about work? I mean I love my job and enjoy it immensely, but I don't want to discuss it with anybody when I'm not at work. Same goes for the other stuff.

Just my $0.02...

In my prior career with the US Marine Corporation, we used to have "Mess Night," where we would have a formal evening dinner and recount all sorts of our traditions, and above all, have a good time and talk to each other.

There were 3 rules to the conversation you had to follow at all times: NO talking about *work*, NO talking about *religion*, and NO talking about *politics*.

When you didn't discuss these things, everybody had a great time and got to know each other better. In my regular life, I enjoy talking to people, and never bring up any of those 3 things. I'm constantly amazed by people who can't talk about anything other than those 3 things, especially work! I always wonder, why talk about work? I mean I love my job and enjoy it immensely, but I don't want to discuss it with anybody when I'm not at work. Same goes for the other stuff.

Just my $0.02...

Agreed. But they broke the mold with me. I beat by the sound of a different drum.

The reason you get chased down the beach is that you aren't just stating an opinion, you are trolling controversial topics for the purpose of pissing people off. You come off as an a-hole, and I think you like it. Don't complain if people get angry. That's what you are trying to make happen. You are getting what you want. Take a look at yourself and think about why you enjoy it so much. Is there something wrong?

I did not lock them. The mods did.

Andrew, the threads deserved to be locked. You started threads in topics that frankly violate the rules, and either you knew that or are very lacking in reading comprehension. I believe the former.

Because of the rules here you need to temper yourself. You should likely ask yourself a question- "self, will this post violate the no sex, politics, or religion rule?" Before posting.

I have little problem with folks asking non- rocketry questions that fit within the rules. You have a plumbing question or a computer question fine. The other stuff leave to another forum.

Seems like everyone's dot something to sell you, I see / hear politics everywhere I go - frankly I'm tired of it and tired of people not thinking for themselves- but it's life. This is one of the hobbies I have to get away from it (used to be football - now even that is political).
Personally I like the no politics on TRF, I found that from your post - that some of my rocket friends are completely opposite of where I'm at, yet we get along fine when talking rockets, thx for that.

There are different areas for what you want to accomplish, post them there freely. We can all read between the lines on people that post and come to conclusions where they are - why push it further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back