Opinions Needed For This Cone Change...54mm Dark Star

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this Dark Star last year from a forum member. The cone tip was broke off. This past January, during the Rocketry Warehouse strife, I placed an order for a replacement 54mm glass cone w/ metal tip. However, I did not receive what I had ordered, at least I think I ordered correctly... nevertheless, I received a 54mm conical cone w/ metal tip. By this time, I was aware of the RW issues (back log of Black Friday orders), so I did not press the issue. So here I am asking for your opinion; does the conical cone do the Dark Star justice?

IMG_9045.jpg IMG_9046.jpg

After 5-months, the look is growing on me... not to mention, this cone is space-age-lighter than the original busted Dark Star cone.

Love it. Not another "me too." Get that NC primed and shoot a cool paint combo! Then get it up in the air!!!

Love it. Not another "me too." Get that NC primed and shoot a cool paint combo! Then get it up in the air!!!

Funny, my wife said to primer the thing and shoot it with paint too...

looks ready for a J510 to me :)

Destined for hybrids, and the largest I have is an "I-class"

Looks better than mine.

It is definitely growing on me too, so I think I will finish it out.

+1, It looks great!

Thanks, I am glad everyone is positive on this...

Looks like CRAP!!!

Send it to me and I will send you the proper Darkstar cone.

(And then use yours on MY Darkstar!!!)

It looks wrong.. it's supposed to be in the air, not laying on the ground all sad and stuff.

It looks wrong.. it's supposed to be in the air, not laying on the ground all sad and stuff.

I know, I know... boy do I ever know, but I am working on it!

I actually kinda like it! Has a nice twist to it.

Thanks... My wife said this as well. She has the old cone, and is trying to bring it back to a point, but it just won't look right now. Not now that I have the conical in place TO STAY!

Latest posts

Back