Opinion... Publications Auction at R.O.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
I guess its better to have some publications up for auction at R.O. but I can say I'm tired of seeing listing after listing by Rocket Science Institute.

Used to be I could go on there, check out the books for sale, and maybe find something that I really wanted, but the last few months have been dominated by RSI auctions. All for booklets that are "public domain" items and free. Oh sure, the heavy printed paper is nice and all, but...

I'm not complaing that they are selling this stuff mind you- just that I wish they'd mark their auctions in someway so that someone searching for other stuff can find it quicker. Say - place RSI in front of the auction name. Heck, on Ebay, I can tell instantly what is an RSI product by the NASA logo. Quick and simple.

Ok, so maybe I'm being a bit picky, and maybe I should just keep my big mouth shut, but..

Moderators, if this is found to be offensive, please delete and accept my apologies in advance.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Silverleaf
I'm not complaing that they are selling this stuff mind you- just that I wish they'd mark their auctions in someway so that someone searching for other stuff can find it quicker. Say - place RSI in front of the auction name. Heck, on Ebay, I can tell instantly what is an RSI product by the NASA logo. Quick and simple.

There's a search function on the ROL auction pages. It allows you to search by username. See if it accepts boolean functions by putting NOT (in all caps) in front of the username. Or ask the ROL folks if it's possible. Or ask RSI to do that for you. And for me -- I agree with you.

If you look carefully at the auctions posted on ROL, you can pick off the NASA report numbers. Most of these can be found on-line for free. I don't know who the dummies are that are paying $20 for these, but they are not worth it.

I know that TRF has nothing to do with setting policies on ROL, but I think if an item has been posted ten times and still hasn't sold, the seller should be asked to stop cluttering up the lists.

Back