OpenRocket question: Can you run OR on a Mac?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetricRocketeer

Member of the US Metric Association
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi TRF colleagues,

I am curious if you can run OpenRocket on a Mac.

Understand, please, that I do not own a Mac and I doubt that I ever will own one. I ask this question just out of interest.

Thank you.

Stanley

And thank you, as well, @Funkworks. However, if you posted a link, it did not show.

Funny, the link I posted shows perfectly on my ... mac.

For what it's worth, I just downloaded it again, the latest version, and I can confirm that it works.

Hmm. It's not showing on my PC. Maybe I need to switch to Mac after all.

I use a MacBook because I carry it with me daily. The trackpad is so good I don’t need a mouse, and not having to set up a mouse each time I sit down is worth the extra dollar to me. A few other reasons but that’s the main one.

So you find the track pad on a Mac notebook better than one on a PC notebook, right?
Of course, the best way to judge such a thing is to head to a store and try it out yourself.

That said, MacBooks have been generally recognized as having the best trackpads in the industry for years. That would not by itself not be sufficient reason to switch for most people.

Are you considering switching, or just idly curious?

Hi @Funkworks,

That's interesting. So you find the track pad on a Mac notebook better than one on a PC notebook, right?

Stanley

Yes. I wanted to be as proficient with a trackpad as I was with a mouse and after a few months of use, it has become the case. PCs have almost caught up but Macs still have an edge. I find a MacBook trackpad preferable to any mouse.

Back