Quantcast

OpenRocket: packaged installers for Windows and Mac to solve all your Java problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it seems I too am having an issue with the packaged installer. I recently had to reinstall Win7 on my HTPC do to corrupted system files. Along the way I also upgraded Win7 to SP1. Anyhoot with the reinstall, the packaged version of OR opens with the following error.

OR Null Pointer Error.jpg

Sorry for the image size. It's a screen capture from my 4K TV.

I have tried uninstalling OR, running the Java cleanup utility & CCleaner, then reinstalling OR but the error remains. I have also scanned the HDD for bad sectors. Nothing out of order there.

PC Config Info
CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (Running stock clocks)
RAM: 6GB PC3-12800 (Crucial BLT2G3D1608DT2TXRG)
GPU: EVGA GTX 960
nVidia Driver: 445.87

My edited OR bug report is attached below.

I will post the report to OR's GitHub page but thought it would not hurt to post it here too.

Help?

Attachments

wolsen

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It appears that there's something odd with the files in your local ThrustCurves files:

> java.io.IOException: Propellant weight exceeds total weight in RockSim engine format
> at net.sf.openrocket.file.motor.RockSimMotorLoader.load(RockSimMotorLoader.java:72)
> at net.sf.openrocket.file.motor.AbstractMotorLoader.load(AbstractMotorLoader.java:27)
> at net.sf.openrocket.file.motor.GeneralMotorLoader.load(GeneralMotorLoader.java:36)
> at net.sf.openrocket.database.MotorDatabaseLoader.loadDirectory(MotorDatabaseLoader.java:124)
> at net.sf.openrocket.database.MotorDatabaseLoader.loadDatabase(MotorDatabaseLoader.java:69)
> at net.sf.openrocket.database.AsynchronousDatabaseLoader.doLoad(AsynchronousDatabaseLoader.java:103)
> at net.sf.openrocket.database.AsynchronousDatabaseLoader.access$100(AsynchronousDatabaseLoader.java:8)
> at net.sf.openrocket.database.AsynchronousDatabaseLoader$LoadingThread.run(AsynchronousDatabaseLoader.java:126)
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Propellant weight exceeds total weight in RockSim engine format

This error is occurring when trying to load the files in your ThrustCurve directory. I wonder if something else is corrupted other than your system files. Maybe try renaming the directory and reloading OR. That should at least get it to start.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thx wolsen for the reply.
I honestly do not know how this has happened as the OS is a fresh install and the error occurred on first run of OR. But, I will delete all referrences of OR in Windows registry as well as all OR directories in the AppData subfolders.

wolsen

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thx wolsen for the reply.
I honestly do not know how this has happened as the OS is a fresh install and the error occurred on first run of OR. But, I will delete all referrences of OR in Windows registry as well as all OR directories in the AppData subfolders.
Hmm so completely brand new install of the OS? No saved user data of any kind?