Openrocket on Android

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3stoogesrocketry

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just tried to install OR on my new phone and it does not seem to be working . When I open the program it gives me the first window . If i try to open the rockets file , it gives me the second window . If i try to search for a motor , i get bad juju. Can anybody offer any advice ?

Screenshot_2016-06-05-16-01-08.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-05-16-01-13.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-05-16-02-05.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-05-16-02-10.jpg

Looks like it's basically looking for 2008 info and got 2015 info. Should be a non-issue. OR Android needs updating BAD. I haven't been able to do anything useful with it at all and I also get the same error when trying to download from thrustcurve.

I don't know of a workaround, if there is one. Would just be easier to use thrustcurve directly until they update the OR app.

I have the code and can compile a new apk file... I may have to dig into this...

[EDIT] If OpenRocket Android code guys read this, please, please fix. Still on v13.11 and nothing works, which is a shame since it could be awesome.

Last edited:
how was it solved? I reinstalled it with apk file from apknite and ran into the same problem

Back