OpenRocket issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyager1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am running OpenRocket 15.03 on a Win 10 desktop PC. I have been using OR on this machine for years without any issues. However, in the last few days OR has developed an issue with the double mouse click on components in the parts list and in the graphic display. The parts edit dialog box does not open. I've tried re-installing OR and Java, but to no avail. I have tried changing the mouse click parameter in the Win mouse device settings. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Last edited:
If you've installed the beta version, and in the 3D Finished or 3D Unfinished views, it's a known issue.

Sad thing is, installing it "broke" 15.03's 3D views/double click capabilities too. That's why I haven't been working on any projects... My wrist is still messed up, and I don't need the extra steps.

Thanks K'Tesh, but this issue is not in 3D view, just the 2D view and the parts list in OR 15.03. I did install the beta version recently but was having problems with it opening, so I uninstalled it.

Is there a solution to this issue? My OpenRocket is unusable in the design window. Double clicking components in the list or on the 2D design doesn't open the expected dialog box.
I've re-installed OR 15 several times, to no avail.

Is there a solution to this issue? My OpenRocket is unusable in the design window. Double clicking components in the list or on the 2D design doesn't open the expected dialog box.
I've re-installed OR 15 several times, to no avail.
Why not use the new version v22beta3? There is a complete installer package to go with.

I tried that Rich, but it has issues opening up. It just stalls on a blank dialogue box titled "Error upon thrust curve import". I have to use the Task Manager to close it.
When I have managed to get it to open, the same issue remains.

I tried that Rich, but it has issues opening up. It just stalls on a blank dialogue box titled "Error upon thrust curve import". I have to use the Task Manager to close it.
Get a linux install on a thumb drive and run OR on linux. You do not have to fully install linux. Boots from a thumb drive in about 60 seconds from memory, but don't beat me too hard if I got that wrong. Having an install of Linux on a thumbdrive is also useful as a recovery tool for any PC.
Norm

I am running OpenRocket 15.03 on a Win 10 desktop PC. I have been using OR on this machine for years without any issues. However, in the last few days OR has developed an issue with the double mouse click on components in the parts list and in the graphic display. The parts edit dialog box does not open. I've tried re-installing OR and Java, but to no avail. I have tried changing the mouse click parameter in the Win mouse device settings. Has anyone had a similar issue?
This sounds like a Windows issue that's come up before -- the dialog is being opened off screen. There are a couple of web pages out there talking about how to find these "lost" windows and put them on screen.
https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen

That was a problem in the first beta, which has been fixed. The issue was an error in a motor thrust curve; the current beta brings up the error to let you know it won't be using that motor file, but continues.

But don't do a new install for a day or two (hint hint). OK, new beta is out.

Last edited:
I had the "error on thrust curve " issue with Beta2 and posted in the OR Beta thread. The solution was to find the thrust curves on my PC that were bad and delete them.

Hmmm... I just had "error on thrust curve import" with beta5. I'll try to hunt down my downloaded thrust curves and see if I can past it after that...

Just as a follow up as the OP of this thread, I have resolved the issues with OpenRocket v15 and v22 by reinstalling the Win 10 o/s on my PC. It was a PITA to do this, but my PC needed it, because there were other operational issues other than with OpenRocket.

Latest posts

Back