OpenRocket is not working properly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been using OpenRocket for a month and it has been working fine, but lately I have ran into some problems with it. When I try changing the units in the simulation tab, the screen lags. And when I try editing the parts, the edit tab doesn't pop up. Sorry I couldn't clearly describe what is happening, hope my screenshot helps. My laptop is more than powerful enough to run the program so the problem might be the program itself? I'm using windows on the laptop.

Edit1: The lagging screens occur in every drop down tabs and I have been trying to uninstall and install again with the latest version several times but no luck.
1634711707097.png

has openrocket ever worked properly?

I find it extremely sensitive to jdk versions. Super helpful when it does work, tho.

Hello everyone, I have been using OpenRocket for a month and it has been working fine, but lately I have ran into some problems with it. When I try changing the units in the simulation tab, the screen lags. And when I try editing the parts, the edit tab doesn't pop up. Sorry I couldn't clearly describe what is happening, hope my screenshot helps. My laptop is more than powerful enough to run the program so the problem might be the program itself? I'm using windows on the laptop.

Edit1: The lagging screens occur in every drop down tabs and I have been trying to uninstall and install again with the latest version several times but no luck.
This is one I haven't seen or heard of before. What version of Java are you running? OR15.03 requires Java 8, and is not reliable with anything later. If you have any uncertainty with the Java stuff then try the packaged installer I linked in the post above.

OR15.03 also doesn't take too kindly to high-res screens, but it doesn't look like you're running a very high resolution.

This is one I haven't seen or heard of before. What version of Java are you running? OR15.03 requires Java 8, and is not reliable with anything later. If you have any uncertainty with the Java stuff then try the packaged installer I linked in the post above.

OR15.03 also doesn't take too kindly to high-res screens, but it doesn't look like you're running a very high resolution.
I downloaded and installed the executable file on the wiki site, the one with .exe, so I didn't touch anything about Java. For screen resolution, I was using fhd and it was running fine and smooth before.

So I have tried downloading the one that you linked but the problems still persist. Another problem also comes up, I added a new part, nose cone, body tubes, etc and hit the Edit button but the edit screen didn't come up.

Last edited:
Back