OpenRocket install issue on new laptop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walldiver7

Reaction score
I'm getting this msg:

"Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" This occurred after I installed OR 15.03 on a new laptop (running Win 10). Any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks.

I'm getting this msg:

"Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" This occurred after I installed OR 15.03 on a new laptop (running Win 10). Any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks.

I had this problem with my new computer (HP Omen). I finally solved it by contacting online Intel Customer Support (HP couldn't solve it). After giving him the requested information (detailed problem, computer specifics, name of the program that exhibited the problem (Open Rocket), ...) he responded with clear and concise steps on how to install a specific Intel Graphics Driver and driver file (igdlh64.inf). Note that this was not the "latest driver" from Intel that my computer said was installed. It now works fine! I applaud Intel for their fine Customer Support.

I had this problem with my new computer (HP Omen). I finally solved it by contacting online Intel Customer Support (HP couldn't solve it). After giving him the requested information (detailed problem, computer specifics, name of the program that exhibited the problem (Open Rocket), ...) he responded with clear and concise steps on how to install a specific Intel Graphics Driver and driver file (igdlh64.inf). Note that this was not the "latest driver" from Intel that my computer said was installed. It now works fine! I applaud Intel for their fine Customer Support.

Do you have a link to that driver file ... igdlh64.inf ?

Hi. Here are the step-by-step instructions from the Intel tech. Remember: These instructions (and driver) may pertain only to my specific computer. Anyway, good luck. The steps are fairly easy to follow even for a non-techie like me. Let me know if it works.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:​

1. Download this Intel® graphics driver and save it in your desktop: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26941/eng/win64_154602.4729.zip
  2. Then unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Open the Device Manager (on the keyboard, let's press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc).
  4. Expand the Display adapters section.
  5. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  6. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  7. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  8. Click Have Disk and then click Browse. Click on the directory where the driver files are located, click on the graphics folder and select the igdlh64.inf file. Then click OK.
  9. Now, in the model box, double click on the Intel® HD graphics driver.
  10. After the installation, please reboot the computer.

Thanks! I think it would be likely that this driver is specific.... I will contact Intel first.

Hi. Here are the step-by-step instructions from the Intel tech. Remember: These instructions (and driver) may pertain only to my specific computer. Anyway, good luck. The steps are fairly easy to follow even for a non-techie like me. Let me know if it works.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:​

1. Download this Intel® graphics driver and save it in your desktop: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26941/eng/win64_154602.4729.zip
  2. Then unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Open the Device Manager (on the keyboard, let's press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc).
  4. Expand the Display adapters section.
  5. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  6. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  7. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  8. Click Have Disk and then click Browse. Click on the directory where the driver files are located, click on the graphics folder and select the igdlh64.inf file. Then click OK.
  9. Now, in the model box, double click on the Intel® HD graphics driver.
  10. After the installation, please reboot the computer.

Thanks Marintse! I contacted Intel and they sent very good directions that enabled me to update my graphics driver. OpenRocket now works perfectly on my new laptop. The driver update zip file WAS specific to my Dell laptop.

Back