OpenRocket: I'm Cheating... Can You Spot The Cheats?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In the image below, I've hidden 5 cheats. Three of them are fairly common for me to do, the other two aren't. Can you spot them all?

Oh, and this doesn't include removing the CG/CP markings.

Centuri Pay Dirt (DM - 1971) showing off.png

Good Luck!

BTW: The rocket is the 1971 Centuri Design Manual's Pay Dirt.

Last edited:
Lug, phantom tube, hook, motor appearance, nose transition?

"Cheat" isn't quite the thing; these are the OG definition of a clever "hack".

Lug, phantom tube, hook, motor appearance, nose transition?

"Cheat" isn't quite the thing; these are the OG definition of a clever "hack".

Phantom tubes aren't visible. These cheats/hacks are visible. You've got a couple though.

In any case, let me say that I thoroughly enjoy your artistry in OR, which certainly pushes the limits of what's thought possible.

I look forward to seeing what you can do when the new release hits.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them! I have fun making them, and I hope that these kits inspire people to build some of their dream rockets, or to discover some that they didn't know about.

Phantom fins (Motor hook and recess), Fins (Double set or imported shape), Uhm... Decal wrap??? Centering ring color???(I know both of these can be done)

I can't look at the manual right now. Motor appearance is part of OR, that is a BP motor (AKA Estes).

K'Tesh, you should make a website repository for all your models.

Phantom fins (Motor hook and recess), Fins (Double set or imported shape), Uhm... Decal wrap??? Centering ring color???(I know both of these can be done)

I can't look at the manual right now. Motor appearance is part of OR, that is a BP motor (AKA Estes).

K'Tesh, you should make a website repository for all your models.

Ok... You got 4

I'd love to start another website, however since Geocities went down, I haven't really been able to find a free website hosting service that I found I could truly use.

OK.. Here's the cheats...

The inside of the launch lug has color (used an "Inner tubes" to do it).
The notch in the centering ring is an "Air Fin".
The engine hook is a "freeform fin" (uses a Phantom Body Tube, but that's not visible).
The black rings up in the payload section are actually "Inner tubes" that have been made visible by externalizing them (this counts for two cheats).

Have you looked at Weebly?

?Huh? Oh... for webhosting... Last time I looked they limited the number of pages you could upload for free... My frames called for six separate pages (not including the main frame page)(Each division of the site had its own frameset too).

Last edited:
Back