OpenRocket - how to copy and paste list of simulations into excel?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy D. Jones

Reaction score
I ran about 8 different simulations and got them the way I wanted.

I want to add some comments in on if I like that motor or if not, why not. Is it possible to add a new Comments column somehow to the table at the top of the Flight simulations tab? Doesn't look like you can.

I guess I could edit the text in the Configuration row for each motor back on the Motors and Configurations tab and put my comments in there. [Select which one and click on Rename Configuration.

Is there a way to export to excel, not a simulation really, but that whole table at the top of the Flight simulations tab? It doesn't look like if I highlight everything that CTRL-C and CTRL-V doesn't work.

I'm trying to do something simple, or so it seems, but you may not be able to do this.

Suggestions? Am I just not doing it right?

Thanks!

If you take a screen shot of just that table region, you can then paste it into Excel using the Insert > Data from Picture > Picture from File... on the ribbon bar, that will convert the image into text and put it into columns automatically, you can also just paste from the clipboard as well if you clipped the image cleanly enough. Works for any thing that does not allow direct export, you can even use it on scanned documents to insert them into Excel.

Tony

data-from-OpenRocket.png

Back