OpenRocket for Android 12.09 released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi all,

The Android OpenRocket application 12.09 has been released and is available for download from here. The apk is not available from the Android Market and must be installed manually. If you do not know how to install it on your device please pm me and I'll help out.

This release of the Android application has some new features:

1) Execution of simulations - the user can define new motor configurations and run simulations on the handheld. This makes the tool actually useful at the field based on motor availability.

2) Support for Froyo - we tried to make the application compatible with older Froyo based devices. There may still be bugs lurking about.

3) Save models - after creating new simulations, the modified rocket document can be saved so you can synchronize it with your desktop later.

4) Support for 7" tablets.

Also, I worked with John Coker at thrustcurve.org to normalize the case information for CTI and AT reloads. The motor browser in the android application can sort by case info so you can see what motors work in the cases you have on hand. To get the new case information simply download motors again from thrustcurve.org.

Hope you enjoy it and donate to the project.

Kevin

Back