Openrocket edit button not working

Discussion in 'Rocketry Electronics and Software' started by Johnhg7, Feb 8, 2013.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 8, 2013 #1

Johnhg7

Johnhg7

Johnhg7

As a person with decent Java programming skills, I am embarrassed to say my Openrocket has suddenly stopped working correctly. It will open correctly, and I can place components, like nosecones and tubes, but for some reason I can't get the edit button to work. It depresses, but nothing happens, same with double clicking the part.

Google has proved futile.

I have tried multiple versions of Openrocket, as well as different releases of Java.

Has anyone encountered this same problem???

Thanks in advance!

2. Feb 8, 2013 #2

Sampo

Sampo

Sampo

Hi,

That sounds strange. Have you updated your Java recently? If you're up top it, you could check Help -> Debug log to see if it provides any insight to the reason.

Cheers,
    Sampo N.

3. Feb 8, 2013 #3

duckhead

duckhead

duckhead

Are you using Oracle's Java binaries or OpenJDK?

What OS?

4. Jul 5, 2015 #4

blaberwack

blaberwack

blaberwack

I have this exact same problem. I also tried various versions of Openrocket and re-installed java. Nothing has worked.
    I have no advice on how to fix the problem, but you are not alone.

I also notice that no one has posted a solution to this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. Jul 6, 2015 #5

Sevian

Sevian

Sevian

Openrocket for me allows to "edit" components, but it doesn't change the rocket. For example, I'll had 9000 pounds of nose weight, yet the rocket's flight doesn't change.

It just started happening a couple months ago, so I'll have to see if I can find the issue now that I know I'm not alone.

6. Jul 6, 2015 #6

Right Wing Wacko

Right Wing Wacko

Right Wing Wacko

Wow, reviving a two year old thread.

I've seen the behavior where you select edit, but the edit dialog opens on a second screen, even though a second screen is not attached to the computer at the time. This usually happens if you've used OR on a computer with multiple screens and then removed one.

7. Jul 6, 2015 #7

blaberwack

blaberwack

blaberwack

This was indeed the problem. I adjusted my computer's screen configuration and I can now see the dialog box. THANK YOU!

8. Oct 8, 2019 #8

starwolf3834

starwolf3834

starwolf3834

I now started to see the same behavior on my school computer after recently updating it. Any new updates on this problem? using version OpenRocket 15.03 on windows 10 Version 1903 build 18362.356. Any help would be much appreciated.