OpenRocket Devs and NAR/TRA Chapters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolsen

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
@JoePfeiffer and I gave a presentation today at NARCON regarding new features and capabilities in OpenRocket 22.02. One thing we noticed is that there was great attendance and we weren't sure we got a chance to answer everyone's questions. After discussing with some other OpenRocket developers (@H. Craig Miller, @SiboVG, @neil_w) we wanted to offer up to virtually (or physically if close enough) visit various clubs if there's an interest in getting a presentation more targeted towards your club. If interested - chime in on here so we can get a set of interest. Depending on timing and availability we can try to work something out to give a presentation to your club.

@JoePfeiffer and I gave a presentation today at NARCON regarding new features and capabilities in OpenRocket 22.02. One thing we noticed is that there was great attendance and we weren't sure we got a chance to answer everyone's questions. After discussing with some other OpenRocket developers (@H. Craig Miller, @SiboVG, @neil_w) we wanted to offer up to virtually (or physically if close enough) visit various clubs if there's an interest in getting a presentation more targeted towards your club. If interested - chime in on here so we can get a set of interest. Depending on timing and availability we can try to work something out to give a presentation to your club.
Thank you for the Open Rocket presentation at NARCON, very interesting and informative.

One thing that would be very helpful to me and I suspect to others is a simple step-by-step guide pertaining to how to implement three or four of the new applicable software features such as how to successfully model fin tips like those on the LOC Precision T-LOC. I'm interested in building and fly a T-LOC but I don't like the way it is modeled in the simulation files provided by the kit vendor.

I tried to model this kit after watching the NARCON presentation but kept running into problems, maybe I need to watch the presentation yet again but would much prefer to follow a step-by-step guide if one were available.

Best regards,

Keith

Back