openmotor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tskopen

Reaction score
i need help gettering openmotor working ive tried downloading using terminal and zip on github is there smth else I need to do I did the steps for download

What specifically did you try? What were the particular errors?

i didn't write down the errors but when i did it again to see i got
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:

Theres the first line cause there's like 1000 other lines and idk if there's a risk with showing the rest as it shows my files where they are and stuff
it happened on the command

pip install -r requirements.txt

openMotor creator here. It sounds like you are trying to run the software from source. I can help you figure out why the dependencies aren't installing, but I would need more details than that. Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post the output publicly (though that should only disclose your computer username). Alternatively, you can use a prebuild release if you are on Windows or Mac OS as Reinhard pointed out. If you are on Windows, I suggest the "unpacked" build as it starts significantly faster than the single file build.

ok well i figured it out i click on the latest release and found the download link at the bottom and it seems to work I think I first download the sourecode then idk what the heck I was doing with the terminal but it didn't work but I figured it out

Why when I put the Core Diameter parameter in the BATES choice of grain option, does the OpenMotor program aborts without so much explanation?

in GrainPreviewWidget class I marked the lines as comments (python file in ..OpenRocket\OpenMotor\openMotor-staging\uilib\widgets):

43 def updateView(self, data):
44 coreIm, regImage, contours, contourLengths = data
46 self.ui.tabFace.cleanup()
47 self.ui.tabFace.showImage(coreIm)
49 # if regImage is not None:
50 # self.ui.tabRegression.cleanup()
51 # self.ui.tabRegression.showImage(regImage)
52 # self.ui.tabRegression.showContours(contours)
54 # points = [[], []]
56 # for k in contourLengths.keys():
57 # points[0].append(k)
58 # points[1].append(contourLengths[k])
60 # self.ui.tabAreaGraph.cleanup()
61 # self.ui.tabAreaGraph.showGraph(points)

and more in the GrainPreviewGraph class, I did the same (python file in ..OpenRocket\OpenMotor\openMotor-staging\uilib\widgets):
35 def cleanup(self):
36 if self.image is not None:
37 self.image.remove()
38 self.image = None
39 # if self.numContours > 0:
40 # for _ in range(0, self.numContours):
41 # self.plot.lines.pop(0)
42 # self.numContours = 0

I missed the possibility to use Regression and Area Graph but it worked well with these changes.

Last edited:
Why when I put the Core Diameter parameter in the BATES choice of grain option, does the OpenMotor program aborts without so much explanation?

in GrainPreviewWidget class I marked the lines as comments (python file in ..OpenRocket\OpenMotor\openMotor-staging\uilib\widgets):

43 def updateView(self, data):
44 coreIm, regImage, contours, contourLengths = data
46 self.ui.tabFace.cleanup()
47 self.ui.tabFace.showImage(coreIm)
49 # if regImage is not None:
50 # self.ui.tabRegression.cleanup()
51 # self.ui.tabRegression.showImage(regImage)
52 # self.ui.tabRegression.showContours(contours)
54 # points = [[], []]
56 # for k in contourLengths.keys():
57 # points[0].append(k)
58 # points[1].append(contourLengths[k])
60 # self.ui.tabAreaGraph.cleanup()
61 # self.ui.tabAreaGraph.showGraph(points)

and more in the GrainPreviewGraph class, I did the same (python file in ..OpenRocket\OpenMotor\openMotor-staging\uilib\widgets):
35 def cleanup(self):
36 if self.image is not None:
37 self.image.remove()
38 self.image = None
39 # if self.numContours > 0:
40 # for _ in range(0, self.numContours):
41 # self.plot.lines.pop(0)
42 # self.numContours = 0

I missed the possibility to use Regression and Area Graph but it worked well with these changes.

Hey Djan, do you have a particular file that causes this issue repeatably? If so, please make an issue ticket here and either include the file or describe the steps to cause the bug. Also, since it seems like you can run the program from source, please run it in a terminal and see what output is produced when the bug occurs. It'll really help me track it down!

Back