openmotor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

tskopen

Reaction score
i need help gettering openmotor working ive tried downloading using terminal and zip on github is there smth else I need to do I did the steps for download

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
What specifically did you try? What were the particular errors?

Reinhard

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you download the .zip from Github, make sure it's from the "Releases" page.

Otherwise you usually end up with the source code, which appears to not be what you have in mind.

Reinhard

tskopen

Reaction score
What specifically did you try? What were the particular errors?
i didn't write down the errors but when i did it again to see i got
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:

Theres the first line cause there's like 1000 other lines and idk if there's a risk with showing the rest as it shows my files where they are and stuff
it happened on the command

pip install -r requirements.txt

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
openMotor creator here. It sounds like you are trying to run the software from source. I can help you figure out why the dependencies aren't installing, but I would need more details than that. Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post the output publicly (though that should only disclose your computer username). Alternatively, you can use a prebuild release if you are on Windows or Mac OS as Reinhard pointed out. If you are on Windows, I suggest the "unpacked" build as it starts significantly faster than the single file build.

tskopen

Reaction score
ok well i figured it out i click on the latest release and found the download link at the bottom and it seems to work I think I first download the sourecode then idk what the heck I was doing with the terminal but it didn't work but I figured it out

Latest posts