open rocket , recovery device deployment error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshitij

Reaction score
i am new to open rocket and tried making a 2 staged rocket. i am continuously getting the recovery device deployment at high speed error. i will add the file.

Attachments

• 12052021_kshitij gandhi2.ork
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
First, I changed the labels (names) of the "motor tubes" and parachutes so that it was clear as to which was which.

Next, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Motors tab, selected the sustainer motor, and selected Select ignition to see that the sustainer motor ignition is set to Automatic (launch or ejection charge). But, you are using a booster motor that has no ejection charge. The result is that the sustainer motor does not ignite. I changed the sustainer motor ignition to First burnout of previous stage plus 1 second.

Next, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Stages tab to see that the stage separation is set for upper stage ignition. Then, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Recovery tab to see that the booster deployment is set to booster ejection charge and the sustainer deployment is set for apogee. But, you are using a booster motor that has no ejection charge. The result is that the booster parachute never deploys. I changed the booster motor ejection delay to 2 seconds.

But, there is something else going on as well...

A revised design file is attached.

Attachments

• 12052021_kshitij gandhi2.Rev.02.ork
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It still shows the same error. it reduced the optimum delay though but apogee went down by a lot too. Maybe my design has some problem probably got to do it all again from the start. Thanks for the help though. I have learned this software works on lot of trail and error so i will keep experimenting.

Back