Open Rocket: print flight simulation summaries

Discussion in 'Rocketry Electronics and Software' started by drew, Mar 17, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Mar 17, 2019 #1

drew

drew

drew

I was thinking there should be a way to print the summary of a bunch of engine configurations for a given rocket. I've been printing, and cropping screenshots so far, and it's been only OK. Any suggestions? thanks!

big bertha motor numbers.png

2. Mar 17, 2019 #2

BEC

BEC

BEC

The "design report" portion of what you get when you go to file / print/export pdf gives simulation data, though it's not in as compact a form as your screen shots....

3. Mar 17, 2019 #3

Nathan

Nathan

Nathan

TRF Supporter

I don't think you're going to be needing that 1/2A6-2 configuration for a Big Bertha.

4. Mar 17, 2019 #4

Zeus-cat

Zeus-cat

Zeus-cat

We have a guy in my club who would be happy as a clam flying that. We can debate the relative level of contentment of your typical bivalve, but this guy doesn't like going high. Sticking A's into a Big Bertha and having an apogee at 25 to 50 feet is perfectly fine by him. He has been known to go through an entire box of 24 A8's on big draggy rockets at a launch. By the way, he is high power certified and has a PhD in Aeronautical Engineering. Going low is his thing.

5. Mar 17, 2019 #5

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

Back to OP...I agree it would be nice to have this capability, plus a way to export the side view of the rocket w/ the CG/CP info...yeah you can do a screenshot or save out to a pdf file, but sometimes I use the graphics and summary in other documents.

6. Mar 17, 2019 #6

Banzai88

Banzai88

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed

Snagit is your friend.

7. Mar 17, 2019 #7

SpaceManMat

SpaceManMat

SpaceManMat

Space Nut

Export the full report to excel then create your own summary page that looks up the relevant data from the extract and shows it in the format you desire. Should not take long, happy to give you one if you tell me what you want.