Open rocket on Android

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Nokes

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I use open rocket on my laptop and I was wanting it in my Android which goes to launches with me.

When I open it, it says "open. ORK file"
How do I get the file or we're is it located or am I doing something wrong.
Thank you everyone

Well it's not dangerous or anything... but if you can't get it to do anything useful then at some point uninstalling would seem like a reasonable thing to do. :)

I don't think I've heard of anyone using it successfully in a while, but I'm not an Android guy so I don't know for sure.

You will need to create an OpenRocket folder on your Android internal storage and drop some OpenRocket *.ork files into that folder. I did this with the Android phone connected by USB to my desktop PC. When you open the app and hit the "Open ork file" button it will navigate directly to the folders on the internal storage. Then just select the appropriate .ork file and it will load it. You will have to to try to download the motor files with the "View motors" button. I haven't had any luck with this part yet, so I can't run the simulations! As Neil said above, it might not be a supported application now.

You will need to create an OpenRocket folder on your Android internal storage and drop some OpenRocket *.ork files into that folder. I did this with the Android phone connected by USB to my desktop PC. When you open the app and hit the "Open ork file" button it will navigate directly to the folders on the internal storage. Then just select the appropriate .ork file and it will load it. You will have to to try to download the motor files with the "View motors" button. I haven't had any luck with this part yet, so I can't run the simulations! As Neil said above, it might not be a supported application now.
Thank you, we're do I get there ork files from

Thank you, we're do I get there ork files from
You could make them yourself (on a PC or Mac), or go looking for available files. Some manufacturers provide them, some are on RocketReviews. Accuracy of those files must always be verified, they are not always accurate.

If your rocket is a commercial kit, just ask on the forum and there's probably someone that has it.

You could make them yourself (on a PC or Mac), or go looking for available files. Some manufacturers provide them, some are on RocketReviews. Accuracy of those files must always be verified, they are not always accurate.

If your rocket is a commercial kit, just ask on the forum and there's probably someone that has it.

Thanks

I'm building the loc Lil-Nuke.
Do you know if there is ORK file for that

Thank you so much.

There problem is I have no knowledge about making special files

You'd probably be better off using something simple like thrustcurve.com accessed through a browser on your phone.

Thanks

I'm building the loc Lil-Nuke.
Do you know if there is ORK file for that
There is a RockSim simulation file available from the LOC website.

https://locprecision.com/product/lil-nuke/

The link to the file is about half way down the page, just above the simulation output table. It’s the “RockSim” text.

Download the zip file and open the *.rkt file in OpenRocket. Save it as a *.ork file.

Here are the original RKT file from the LOC website and the saved ORK file from OpenRocket. I hope it's the correct size of this model. If it's not, then you can edit the dimensions in OR.

Attachments

• Lil Nuke.rkt
    22.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Lil Nuke.ork
    2.1 KB · Views: 22
Please note that the Android version of OR is essentially dead and unsupported. If you can get it to do something useful for you, that's great, but don't expect any further bug fixes or updates.

Latest posts

Back