Open Rocket not saving motor configuration and other data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_H

Reaction score
I am somewhat familiar with OR, having been working with it for several years.

I am working on a rocket now after reloading it onto my Mac. It is not saving motor configurations, and I think it is not saving other data as well. I have been purposefully trying to save the file as it is updated The base file is the Ultimate Wildman file from the WM site, I have been modifying it. Some changes are being saved.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I had that exact same issue some time back - it was even saving them as ‘ORK.RTK’ files. I had chose “save as” for each file and switch to ORK. Not sure why it started saving everything as RTK format, other than I may have opened a RTK file I downloaded and that somehow flipped it to that mode.

Tony

Yea, I've tripped over that a couple times — and each time it's taken me a few tries to figure out what's happening. If I were asked, I would probably say that "save" should always save in .ork format (possibly with a warning if the file was opened in .rkt format). To save in .rkt format, you would have to pick "save as". But, I can see how that might be counter-intuitive for somebody who wants to open a .rkt file, edit something and then save it as an .rkt file. [I don't think I have ever had any need to do that.]

Latest posts

Back