Open Rocket and Rocksim Files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Would there be an interest in TRF for an OR or Rocksim forum, complete with kit files for either? I envision a forum anyone could click on to find an alphabetized list by manufacturer regardless of when they were available. Yes, when I find files I often have to tweak them, sometimes quite a bit. But for me, it is a better starting point that from scratch. I often look for these files on Rocket Reviews and sometimes just do a google search. Success is often limited. Apogee also has a lot of Rocksim files for kits they sell that are free downloads.

All that being said, I currently am looking for either file type for the Flis Kits Bulls Eye.

My index is alphabetized by manufacturer, but organized by kit number first, or lacking a kit number then it's alphabetized.

One of the things I try to do is make sure that I have a sample in hand, or if I can't getting scans of all the flat parts along with a ruler. The ruler can then be used to set the scale of the flat parts and are unimpeachable. When I find fin drawings (on plans.rocketshoppe.com (PR.C), or JimZ) I don't trust them for anything. I've seen wrong shapes, wrong angles, no thickness info, etc. This is why I keep asking for all that info. Additionally, RR.C's sims have in some cases perpetuated these. I've even seen manufacturer's sims with deliberately wrong fins which were used to prove who didn't buy actual kits, but cloned them.

Would there be an interest in TRF for an OR or Rocksim forum, complete with kit files for either? I envision a forum anyone could click on to find an alphabetized list by manufacturer regardless of when they were available. Yes, when I find files I often have to tweak them, sometimes quite a bit. But for me, it is a better starting point that from scratch. I often look for these files on Rocket Reviews and sometimes just do a google search. Success is often limited. Apogee also has a lot of Rocksim files for kits they sell that are free downloads.

All that being said, I currently am looking for either file type for the Flis Kits Bulls Eye.

I spent a couple of hours measuring the pieces and coming up with my own Rocksim file for the Bulls Eye. I think it will do the job. Maybe a little tweaking yet but it is done. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might me. If anyone is interested in the file, it is attached. If anyone finds any problems with it, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Bulls Eye.rkt
    175.3 KB · Views: 4
Back