Open rocket altitude error - suggestions on a fix?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Phenix

Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I'm calling on those of you Open rocket whiz kids.

Suddenly, after years of faithful service, OpenRocket has thrown me a curve ball. All of a sudden, I see ridiculously high altitudes in my simulations.

An L935 to 84,000 feet. If only. Motors at J and below seem to match previous altitude simulations.

So far, I have tried: deleting motor files, and reinstalling them; reinstalling program; deleting library files associated with OpenRocket.

Before anyone tells me how to fix this, I'll just go and sim an O3400 - with any luck, it will sim to space. :cyclops:

thanks for your help.

Try telling it to use the standard temp and pressure. I adjusted the launch variables and got crazy high altitudes, until I tried resetting the temp and pressure.

RCDude - you rock. I shifted the pressure and temp back to standard, and ... voile - Robert is your uncle. Thanks. Tim, I also appreciate your kind offer.

Interesting, that using specified temp and pressure had worked for the last little while, then all of a sudden.. kapow.

I'll need to check whether it was a Java update, or something else triggered the change in sim outcomes...

Best wishes

Back