open motor guidebook/tutorial?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmallow

Reaction score
is there like a guidebook or tutorial for open motor? there is a ton of stuff for open rocket but i cant find anything on openmotor. if such a thing exists can i get a link?

There's a thread about it, but it lives in the restricted research section of the forum.

OpenMotor is for developing and making your own motors, and requires some base knowledge of motor chemistry

Creator of the software here. Sorry, I haven't had time to write up a tutorial. I intend to eventually, but even with a guide, using the tool isn't a great way to start learning how to make motors in my opinion. It is very useful for testing ideas once you understand the constraints that solid motors operate within, but it can't do much to help you learn those. If you have done some reading on making motors, the parameters it asks for should be familiar. Let me know if this isn't the case. As Nytrunner noted, there is a longer discussion about the software on the research section of this forum, which you have to request access to from a moderator.

Back