OOP/Rare kits being sold by George G., ends Sunday night March 28th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
For those who may have missed it:

I need to pay some bills and hopefully raise enough money to get a 1/110 shuttle kit underway.

I have posted 12 items, mostly rocket kits, on eBay.

The auctions will end Sunday night, March 28th, after 10 PM CENTRAL time.

The kits are:

Centuri 1/100 Saturn-V
NCR 1/72 Space Shuttle
Estes 1/100 Saturn-V
Estes Maxi V-2
Estes Andromeda
Estes Titan-IIIE kit (1/73 scale)
Estes Astrocam 110 kit (from 1980)
Aerotech 29/40-120 Reload Casing
Estes Mini-Bomarc
Estes Shadow
MPC Pilgrim Observer Plastic Model Kit
Estes Altitrak Kit (From 1980)

Use the following link to find out more info, pics, and additional links:
http://tinyurl.com/yzamjlg

- George Gassaway

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Thought this would be better in Yard Sale. Looks like bidding has gotten off to a good start!

Phil

powderburner

Reaction score
Looks like bidding has gotten off to a good start!
Looks like I'm not the only one who hates Alti-Tracks.

George, I hope the rest of your auctions do well for you!

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thought this would be better in Yard Sale. Looks like bidding has gotten off to a good start!

Phil
No, I already posted an announcement in Yard Sale a week ago, as these are 10 day auctions which are ending this Sunday night.

I posted this one in Watering Hole because I figure that people usually, if not always, check out the Watering Hole when they check out TRF. But may only bother to check out the Yard Sale when they actively want to see if anything is for sale or for auction.

I myself do not check every Forum. What I do is check “new posts”. But I can’t expect everyone does it that way.

The ones who do not check "new posts”, and do not regularly check out Yard Sale will not have seen my original post, or this one after you moved it.

Could you please move this one BACK to where I posted it, the Watering Hole?

- George Gassaway

Last edited:

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I'm not the only one who hates Alti-Tracks.

George, I hope the rest of your auctions do well for you!
Thanks.

I know, that plastic Alti-Trak wasn’t such a great thing....to actually use. But I thought an original plastic one, with the old face card with “NEW” on it, would be worth something to a collector. Oh well.

When I say “original plastic one”, I refer of course to the version they came out with in 1979. Not the original wooden one from the 1960’s.

Originally I was only going to list 10 items , and that was one of the last two I added. So if it does not sell, it doesn’t matter much. Not that I was expecting much for it, anyway.

UPDATE - finally someone put a bid on it.

I’m more concerned that the Centuri Saturn-V from the 1970’s isn’t bringing what the Estes one from 1999 currently is. I have to figure (hope) that some potential big bidders are waiting on that Centuri Saturn, since there are Estes ones (30th Anniversary from 1999) on Ebay almost every week, but how often is there such a rare kit available as the Centuri Saturn-V?

And in case any had not heard about it, this is why I tried to post news of this auction tonight in the Watering Hole since I do not think many people regularly check Yard Sale like they do Watering Hole.

- George

Last edited:

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
I posted this one in Watering Hole because I figure that people usually, if not always, check out the Watering Hole when they check out TRF. But may only bother to check out the Yard Sale when they actively want to see if anything is for sale or for auction.
Fair enough, but we try and keep things like this in Yard Sale so it doesn't end up with multiple copies of a thread in different sections. That way all the Vendor/Private sale announcements are in a place where people who want to look at them can, and those who don't aren't bothered by them.

Phil

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Last reminder that the auctions will be ending in about 3.5 hours (as I post this).

They start ending a bit past 10 PM Central Time.

Follow this link for more info: http://tinyurl.com/yzamjlg

- George Gassaway

Last edited:

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The auctions have ended, and overall they went a lot better than I expected.

THANK YOU to all who won, those who bid, and those who passed the word to others.

- George Gassaway

powderburner

Reaction score
Some of us who won an auction need your mailing address to send payment.

(And also a total amount due, incl shipping/handling)

Please