OOP mid power kits sighted in the San Diego area.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Working in the San Diego area for the first part of this week. Stopped by Discount Hobby Warehouse in the Kearney Mesa area and looked around at lunchtime.

They actually had in stock two of the NCR by Estes mid power kits: the Interceptor G and the Eliminator.

Appeared to be priced at the old retail prices: 79.99 each.

At those prices, I would clone the Eliminator (and I already have the original NCR Eliminator flying), but the Interceptor G was hard to resist...but I did....:)

Thought I would post this in case someone is searching for either.

TRF,

Just want to put a shout out to :w::w::w::w::w: Exactimator :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

for attempting an assist on this little issue. Due to DHW customer service "policy" was unable to get this transaction completed. I hope the TRF family has better luck :2:!

Thanks Again!

fm

Yeah, the rocket gods were NOT smiling on that transaction. It was worth trying.

sad part is someone will buy them up then put on ebay for 10 times the price...

DHW is definately NOT one of my goto's anymore...

fm

With them being in San Diego, were they ever a go to for you?

In another post, do done mentioned the NCRBE kits were from a collection the shop owner recently bought.

With them being in San Diego, were they ever a go to for you?

In another post, do done mentioned the NCRBE kits were from a collection the shop owner recently bought.

Yeah i spent my summer before I joined the navy in San Diego (also went to boot camp there, did some detachments over my career). Still miss the place; I spent a lot of time at balboa park either riding velodrome (fav #1), playing softball (fav #2) or flying rockets and racing rc on the velodrome track when no-one looking :cool:.

fm

Back