ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! New Ellis mountain motors....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the Mach Buster,

I would put them in my Estes V2, Honest John, Scremin Mimi, Outlander, Pathfinder,...

Flis Kits
(3) in the Richter Recker :eek:

If it has a 24mm mount, and is as cool as these kits, it would get one...or 3.

machbuster... forget? noooooooooo.... I luv mach busters!;)

Those other ideas look nice too, but I still want a 24MM mach buster...:D

is the Ellis propellant any good for mach busting?
Well actually it seems to me it is best suited for altitude not speed. An Ellis G35 is comparable to an Aero-Tech G33 black jack; not very thrusty. Plus that new G37 is long therefore heavy, so it will kind of slow the rocket down. But you should get some awesome altitude with it. :)

*well* then.... I have a 24MM minimum diamter IQSY Tomahawk... I could get some altitude out o that puppy!!!!!!!:cool:

Do we know how long that G37 is? My Phoenix might like to meet Mr. G37...

I would not use any Ellis Motors for clustering. Their propellant is way to difficult to ignite, even with the good igniters...

And they don't have much lifting power... My G-FORCE flew horizontal on a Ellis G35, while and Aerotech G35 really rocks in that beast.

The G37 is 7" long according to the Ellis site. If you are concerned about its specs, you should take a gander at the thrust curve (to determine what the initial thrust spike is, etc.) The Ellis G35 had less initial thrust, whuch makes it less desireable for the heavier rockets.

Need something like a hole saw with a long barrel and the diameter of standard motors hehehehe

Originally posted by CTulanko
I can see us all now, boring out that motor stop to fit this bugger!

Carl

No kidding...lol 7 inches???? Well, I guess I can tape it in and just let the motor hook rest against the side... that'll keep the flame away from the body tube that way too...lol

wow... that *IS* purty long...:cool: I sure cant wiat to get my hands on one of THOSE motors!:cool: :D I think I will put one in my "silver bullet" rocket....:cool: Assuming I can get the motor block out...:rolleyes:

My Big Brute has a motor block so when I use the Ellis G35 it hangs out a bit. Just added a couple of rocks to my chad nose weight assembly for insurance and she was good to go.

Originally posted by Neil

24MM G37s.... Can you say mach busters, children?

mach busters

lessee... discussing prices for a glassed tube. How bout a 24mm?

3/4 OZ glass... LOC motor tubing... If you pay for the tube and have it shipped to me, the price is $10, not including shipping.;) :D :p

Im makin one too!:cool:

First to post a rocsim wins!:cool:

I dunno how much they cost... Ill have to find out! My mach buster can do mach 1.4 on a G55, though!:cool:

Whoa! Ellis is at it again. There's already a new motor listed on his site, the G20. It says it has a 5.4 second burn time. You gotta build pretty light to use that.

Also Neil, I would think that the G37 would cost about the same as his G35 which costs $15. (I buy them from Performance Hobbies.)

wow! A G20? AT makes G25s, and USR made G8s.... Build light&strong for *THOSE*!:eek:

For those of you who have something on the lighter side and want what looks like some serious altitude, check out their 29mm I69. I RSIMED a Sumo to 2600 ft. Hmm... we do have the occasional 1/2 mile precision altitude contest.

AeroTech used to make 29mm G10 & G15 motors. Case burn-through was always a concern.

Back in February 1988 at a Lucerne launch, I flew a prototype Enertek Aero kit powered by an 30mm diameter AeroTech/Enertek G15 motor. That thing seemed to burn forever! The rocket disappeared into the clear blue sky. It was eventually found.

I had been impressed with E6 and F10 flights but the G15 was something else to watch in a model rocket.

As for high-power, the ol' I32 was pretty cool to watch...

I can't wait to get my hands on a 29mm Ellis I69! That would be so sweet as the sustainer motor in one of my smaller two-stage camera rocket!

They also just annouced a sweet G20-3 thats for G size BR/G ? whoa.... a 5.4 sec burn .....too bad they don't make a g20-10.....that would make an awesome G altitude model for NAR competition......

If you capped the charge, and put a MAD apogee detector in it.... That would work:cool:

Are you allowed to use electronics?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back