ONLY Dr. Zooch has the Ares I-X

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Zooch

Reaction score
I'm headed down to KSC for the rollout and launch of the Ares I-X test vehicle. So it's a good time to point out that ONLY Dr. Zooch Rockets is producing a flying version of the Ares I-X! It takes about an afternoon to build this 18mm based screamer and you can have yours done in time to launch it with the real thing!

visit www.drzooch.com

I'm headed down to KSC for the rollout and launch of the Ares I-X test vehicle. So it's a good time to point out that ONLY Dr. Zooch Rockets is producing a flying version of the Ares I-X! It takes about an afternoon to build this 18mm based screamer and you can have yours done in time to launch it with the real thing!

visit www.drzooch.com

Watching the launch attempts so far this morning-- currently scheduled for 10:14 CDT... Been watching since I got back from the schoolbus run this morning...

For awhile there Wes I thought you were going to have to send everybody who bought an Ares I-X kit a tiny bit of red ribbon trailing a piece of thread to glue to the tip of their rockets... but then the probe cover FINALLY turned loose! :D:D :roll::roll::roll:

Later! OL JR :)

Now you can add another sticker on the outside of the boxes on new kits--

"NEW!!! IMPROVED!!! Now comes with free weather and triboelectric holds!!!"

What say ye??? :bangpan::y::D:roll::roll::roll:

OL JR :)

he'll have to add a model cargo ship to the kit too if he includes the weather and tribo holds!

Don't forget to include a package of these, since they're the REAL reason Ares I-X had SO many launch delays... :D

With them you can have your very own multiple launch scrubs and delays as well... "now with added realism!!!" :D:roll::roll::roll::dark:

I should have been in advertising... LOL:) OL JR :)

Attachments

• AT_copperhead8.jpg
    AT_copperhead8.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 14
he'll have to add a model cargo ship to the kit too if he includes the weather and tribo holds!

Yeah, and a coast-guard cutter sailing down there to 'shoo them out of the area'... should probably include the Carnival cruise ship drifting just outside the denied area waiting for the liftoff as well...

Heck, go ahead and include possible phrases you can yell to guys wandering around out in the recovery area of the range, like, "hey stupid, get out of the recovery area!"...

Maybe a bullhorn would help... :) OL JR :)

There was a loud, collective groan when they called the hold for the cargo ship... and I do mean- loud. We all thought that in that point of the morning, there was a really good chance of keeping everything green long enough to get the vehicle up- then the range made that call and the whole day went down the toilet.

The actual launch itself was fantastic. The delays had ALL been due to factors not directly vehicle related- including triboelectrification. A lot of internet posters are pointing fingers there and simply showing that they do not have a clue as to what that constraint was really all about- and thus have no real understanding of the vehicle or the non-vehicle work that goes into an effort such as this. The fact is- the Ares I-X was protected against Triboelectrification as it was constructed, just like other large rockets.

How 'bout that?

Just glad that they got it launched and had a good flight...

That's worth a lot... because the alternatives are just no good at all... :)

Now we'll see how the politics and the money plays out... OL JR :)

Don't forget to include a package of these, since they're the REAL reason Ares I-X had SO many launch delays... :D

With them you can have your very own multiple launch scrubs and delays as well... "now with added realism!!!" :D:roll::roll::roll::dark:

I should have been in advertising... LOL:) OL JR :)

actually if you want instant ignition Q2G2 are much more reliable and they can be use with small composites

actually if you want instant ignition Q2G2 are much more reliable and they can be use with small composites

Yep, love em... :)

I thought Wes had posted a "get yer Ares I-X's here before I list 'em on Ebay for $150 each as "rare commemorative collectors items from the cancelled Constellation program!" :bangpan::cheers::neener::confused2::roll::dark:

Oh well... back to the drawing board... (as Wyle E. Coyote would say!) :dark:

OL JR :)

So does this mean that we can submit an Ares as an entry in Concept Scale?

MarkII

Anyone who thinks the last nail is in the Ares I coffin has not watched the Congressional hearings this week.

Doesn't really matter to me- if they cancel a vehicle, my models of it gain greater value, if it flies- so do my sales... even if Obama kills the NASA Human spaceflight program, my kits will still sell, because everyone will hunger for what was and what should have been.

Back