ONLINE ROCKET Supplies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdotmatrix

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best place online for ordering the best price of rockets, engines and stuff please.

So far i found Hobbylinc.com but wondered if there was another store people liked MO BETTAH!

thanks i advance:)

Well, since you asked... :)

I invite you to visit FlisKits at https://fliskits.com/

We have a wide array of parts and accessories (engine mount kits, baffles, etc) and the largest selection of micromaxx parts ever.

From our main page click on PRODUCTS then COMPONENTS

For Micromaxx stuff click on PRODUCTS then MICROMAXX then review the menu on the left.

jim

OKAY, your "crappin" me right!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let's say, you are referring your frugal friend who wants to buy a launching pad that'll fire off E rockets and smaller, who likes the sound of an E rocket rippin it towards the heavens and his wife beats him for taking too many golf, ice climbing, rock climbing, surfing, skiing trips all year long and wants to save some beans on this latest re-obsession!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

what site will save this poor man a beating on tuesday for a rocket today?

:roll:

OKAY, your "crappin" me right!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let's say, you are referring your frugal friend who wants to buy a launching pad that'll fire off E rockets and smaller, who likes the sound of an E rocket rippin it towards the heavens and his wife beats him for taking too many golf, ice climbing, rock climbing, surfing, skiing trips all year long and wants to save some beans on this latest re-obsession!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

what site will save this poor man a beating on tuesday for a rocket today?

:roll:
Linky.

;)

Mark K.

I just wanna throw in a question here, where can you get fiberglass body tubes?

Seriously, I don't think that there is a whole lot of margin on hobby rocketry items, so there probably isn't much room for them to go down before they hit bottom. Try looking for stuff that is on clearance and check auction sites. This is NOT an expensive hobby, BTW, but if you are getting stretched thin, then you might have to make room for it by cutting back a little on one of your other pursuits. You engage in 5 rather expensive sports and your wife is complaining that you spend too much money on your leisure time? Gee, I can't imagine why... :confused2:

Mark K.

If your looking for low power items, ACsupplyco has good prices, and if your order is over $100.00 it ships for free. I have used them many times without any problems.

...Fudd

Yikes! Not a question with a short answer.

Just for starters, look here...

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=110

I second that emotion....
Several members of the forum have our own rocket related businesses but their are plenty more to choose from on the linked list.

My favs?
Parts: Semroc, Flis, JonRocket, RedArrow Hobbies (even if Dave is now eye-candy)
Motors: RedArrow, Flis (MMX),

(No vendors have been excluded intentionally, just had to pull a couple OOMB.)

Just to clarify: you want an "E" rocket.

My assumption is that you mean a rocket capable of using an Estes E9-x motor.

What is your budget for rockets, motors, and ground support?

Are you planning on scratch building? If so, I would first look at Semroc for parts.

If you are planning to get a kit, you can get an Estes Big Daddy. With an
"x-percent off" coupon (online or newspaper) from Michael's or Hobby Lobby, you can perhaps save some more money. If you don't have a club where you can use their launch system, then the next day you can use another coupon to get the E-launch controller and so-forth.

BTW, I would suggest finding a club.

Greg

Building rockets is a lot of fun.

I don't really have any spending caps but like to get the most BANG (get it, LOL, BANG!!!!) for my buck.

Yesh!! E-engines, etc....I'll get back to building rockets and fins from scratch again sometime....

I am in a pretty nice club: https://novaar.org/drupal6/index.html

I am just feeling the waters.... thanks for the response.:cheers:

I am going to recommend that you not get to hung up on price. Instead, look for value. You will find fantastic value from vendors like FlisKits and Semroc and other vendors mentioned on this forum.

These people are small business owners and they really support the hobby. Odds are excellent that if you place an order from them you will be dealing with the owners directly. I tend to design and build my own stuff so I do most of my business with Semroc. However, I have a number of FlisKits and they are superb and some of the most interesting rockets I have ever seen. You might pay just a little bit more to do business with these guys, but you are supporting a small business and truly some great people with absolutley great products. And if you have a problem they WILL be there to help you. In my opinion, you can't get a better bang for your buck than that!

Last edited:
I second that emotion....
Several members of the forum have our own rocket related businesses but their are plenty more to choose from on the linked list.

My favs?
Parts: Semroc, Flis, JonRocket, RedArrow Hobbies (even if Dave is now eye-candy)
Motors: RedArrow, Flis (MMX),

Let's not forget that llama-run business located somewhere in the south-central US...

Mark K.

P.S. We really don't need to know where you stash your list of favorite vendors, Layne... :rolleyes: :D

For Estes, Aerotech, and LOC kits, you probably won't find much cheaper than Hobbylinc. But it does sort of give you an "eww" feeling, kind of like driving by the local store to go to a Wal-Mart.

Several other companies produce neat kits though, and they're generally reasonably priced. Fliskits, Art Applewhite, Madcow, Wildman, Semroc, Apogee, Red Arrow, Hanger11, Discount Rocketry, What's Up Hobbies, Sunwardm, Pem-Tech... They've all got cool things that aren't available in places like Hobbylinc. And places like JimZ rocket plans are totally free and fun.

That said, I still buy hobby-line G motors from Hobbylinc because they're so absurdly cheap compared to anyplace else. Under 9 bucks, just too good to pass up!

My favs?
Parts: Semroc, Flis, JonRocket, RedArrow Hobbies ....

It was a pleasure to be pulled out of ..... uhhh ............ :y:

-- Roger
jonrocket.com

Mattieshoes, where are the G motors for $9.00 I looked on the Hobbyinc. site and the cheapest G was over $17.00.

That said, I still buy hobby-line G motors from Hobbylinc because they're so absurdly cheap compared to anyplace else. Under 9 bucks, just too good to pass up!

Yah buddy! Good luck finding cheaper G's - and now they carry the Mojave Greens too. Woot!

Since October I've been ordering lots of kits and parts from vendors here on this forum and have no complaints with any of them. SEMROC stands out though for me, great prices and fast shipping with shipping free over $10. I'm more of a scratch builder and a box of parts is all I need to make me happy for weeks.

This month though it's time to stock up on motors and after checking all the vendors who sell reloads for AT cases Hobbylinc is getting my order, by far the best prices on motors.

for CHEAP "G"'s try any dealer that handles Kosdon by Aerotech (KBA) reloads.

Wildman Rocketry has them.
G82W-M White Lightning $10.00
G135R-M Redline $10.00 , very nice KICK to it
you will need a Kosdon 29/150 case @ $59.00

then there's
Kosdon TRM Rocket Motors , soon to be uncerted except at EX launches
Performance Hobbies handles these and the cases.
G40-150 $9.00
G65-150 $10.00
G75-150 $10.00
and here's a booty kicker:
H155-150 ?????? and yes still only $10.00 :eek: ,WOW, now thats a deal!!!

you don't need to look real hard to find deals.

To buy the KBA G motors, you must have Level 1 certification. To buy the Kosdon TRM G motors, you must have Level 1 certification AND be a member of the Tripoli Rocketry Association. The limited reactivation of the TRM motor certifications last year made them available only to TRA members; their previous NAR certification had already run out.

Mark K.

Back