One thing I do miss on TRF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I hate to be picayunish but one thing I miss here with posts is if one edits their own posts after posting, there used to be a box at the bottom where one could place a reason for the edit. Most times for me it was spelling and grammar that I missed before posting.
But sometimes I added good information I discovered shortly after the message was placed.

It clues in the reader that the author made some changes and the nature of said changes. Now spelling and grammar might not be important to some but I found that little sidebar informative if the author did some after posting editing.
Kurt

PXR5

Starship Hijacker
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use a phone, so most of my edits are "fat fingering" also with spelling.

I don't know how many times I spell the word "to" wrong LOL

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Me thinks that with the forum software update sometime ago that option went away. Another thing I miss is at one time being a paid subscriber, all non-rocketry ads went away. Rocketry ads would still be streamed at the top of the screen. I was o.k. with and actually interested in that. With the software update, all ads went away. Not that I'm complaining but I wouldn't mind seeing rocketry ads across the top. Probably not technically possible. Kurt

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Me thinks that with the forum software update sometime ago that option went away. Another thing I miss is at one time being a paid subscriber, all non-rocketry ads went away. Rocketry ads would still be streamed at the top of the screen. I was o.k. with and actually interested in that. With the software update, all ads went away. Not that I'm complaining but I wouldn't mind seeing rocketry ads across the top. Probably not technically possible. Kurt
Go to your name in the upper right hand corner of the page. Click on your name and the User Control Panel will show. Choose Preference and click on it. About 1/2 down the page you will see the option to opt out of seeing the ads. I'm sorry you have not read it the other places it was explained.

Those ads across the top were nice but not available now.

Last edited:

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Angie thanks but I would only want to see rocketry related ads and not everything else. If that allows just rocketry related ads I'll change it.:)
I was thinking it was all or none? Oh I didn't know that was there in the preferences either. Kurt

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
The only real rocketry ad we have is on the right side. The others are gone.

Latest posts