One place to put Rocksim 10.2 crashes/glitches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Bill S

Reaction score
I am opening this thread to provide a place for people to post any glitches in Rocksim 10.2. Most of what issues I had with 10.1 are resolved. However...

I've been seeing random crashes when manipulating pods and their location. Lost 20 mins of work due to that one.

Bill S

Reaction score
A second glitch is this: I can work up a rocket, and it runs simulated flights just fine. I save the file, replacing the earlier version with the new version (overwrote it). I later open Rocksim and try to do more simulated launches, and now it won't launch, nada.

It also happens when I try to run an older file, one that worked fine before. So its not the files, its the program itself.

It would be REALLY REALLY nice if Rocksim would tell you what the problem is so you can fix it. Noooo, I have to go back to a previous version, re-do the changes AGAIN, just to get a file that runs correctly. And maybe it'll run again in the future, maybe it won't. FIX THIS ASAP!

Last edited:

Bill S

Reaction score
I've got another crash to report: while changing the sweep on a fin, the program crashed. I also had 2 crashes while working with pods. Maybe these are areas that need attention.

Mike Haberer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rocksim randomly crashes often after just using it to run simulations when I go to open the next .rkt file. You should get prompted to save the open file and the prompt doesn't come, the program just dies. That smells like a memory management issue to me.

Latest posts