one of those days

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
ever had one of those days where nothing is going right and you let simple mistakes get by you ?

more coffee and no sugar or cream this time !!!:caffeine:

Oddly enough, yes, my entire world recently became Groundhog Day of cataclysms both large and small, so I began to think of my own existence on a much grander scale, similar to the geological record of a planet, and that helped ease the mind.
Things just happen. They simply do, and you really must do your best to adapt.
I'm trying to become like a piece of stone or a molten flow of magma. I'm here to stay. Earth is a pretty cool place to end up in the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale

Oddly enough, yes, my entire world recently became Groundhog Day of cataclysms both large and small, so I began to think of my own existence on a much grander scale, similar to the geological record of a planet, and that helped ease the mind.
Things just happen. They simply do, and you really must do your best to adapt.
I'm trying to become like a piece of stone or a molten flow of magma. I'm here to stay. Earth is a pretty cool place to end up in the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale
Strangely, i admire your attitude. Still trying to wrap my head around it completely, but it's a good paradigm shift! You rock, TR!

I worry about the days when everything seems to fall into place and the world turns seamlessly without effort on my part to push it around. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know those days...you get to the range and the d-links are on the work bench...at the pad you discover "hmm-where's the rail buttons-dang it"! Or 'That's funny, i HAD an igniter taped to rocket before I walked all the way out here-wtf"??? Then there is always that epic re-balancer of a phone call. Right when you are up to your ears in alligators at work, that call comes in " Hi, sweetie, hate to bother you at work, but somethings wrong with the toilet..." I've learned to distrust good days. Oh, I'll enjoy them as i can, but you know what they say about payback....

ever had one of those days where nothing is going right and you let simple mistakes get by you ?

more coffee and no sugar or cream this time !!!:caffeine:

Oh sure. It usually seems to happen all at once. Some days you wonder what the heck you did to deserve being choked slammed by karma.

It's the easy days that get me though. The most memorable:

I was taking my girlfriend out in my boat. We packed a lunch and the fishing gear. Backed up to trailer on first try. The crummy latch latched with no jimmying on my part. Boat pulled good all the way to the lake. The lake was like glass, smoothest I ever saw it. Backed down ramp and launched with zero issues. Old boat fired up on first try. Idled out into boat row and gave it gas. 200 yards out I hit a stump. 30 minutes later, I'm sitting on my boat trailer watching my boat slowly fill up and finally come off the stump, with about 6 inches of bow outta the water.

Yep if everything goes right, I get worried.

Back