One of the truly good guys needs our help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

deandome

Reaction score
Is John the guy that launched the 'Shockwave' Lance Beta @ Mini Midwest Power?

Mike Haberer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My heart goes out to John. I had a motor cycle accident when I was 17 and scraped off 20-30 percent of my skin, 5% 3rd degree. It wasn't fire, but they were picking gravel out of my limbs for hours. I understand the healing process. It's extremely painful. Hang in there, man.

Stewman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone who has helped so far .
We raised over $1000 last week for John and his family with your help .
This week we are going to have a raffle to benefit them.

wildmanrocketry.com

Raffle to benefit injured rocketeer John Williams​
Wildman Hobbies is having a Raffle to benefit one of our fellow rocketeers. John Williams suffered 3rd degree burns on 15-20% of his body.
John and his family are going to need financial help.
We are raffling off some of Johns favorite Wildman kits .
Cherokee 98
Lance Beta
2.6 Goblin
along with a Blackhawk 38 donated by David Schwantz
Raffle tickets are only $10 each
The Winning entries will be drawn on Friday August 6th
With the prizes being sent out the following week​
Tim, I would like to donate for John. What is the procedure for getting raffle tickets? What method of payment?

Thanks,

Stew

Walter Longburn

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just click Raffle tickets are only $10 each, in the post you just quoted.

SDramstad

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Any updates on Johns condition?

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
His wife Joy posted this on Facebook:
“ Hi all, very happy to share that John has been doing really well the last few days! His surgeon was able to evaluate him over the weekend and is very happy with the leg grafts. The surgery for debridement and graft on his left arm was just scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

John is also doing well in PT and has worked up to being able to walk 2 laps around the nurses' station, mostly unassisted. Of course some days are better than others, but he's sounding more like himself these days. He deeply appreciates the visits he's had this week, it's been really good to talk to friends.

Continuing to hold the fort down at home, with family support; trying to get some home maintenance done before John comes home, and trying to make the most of the end of summer. Took the boys to the aquarium twice this week and we touched All the Things and fed the stingrays. Extensive piggyback rides from Uncle Charles were instrumental in the success of Sunday's trip, after Gabriel declared he was *done* about 30 minutes in. Thank you everyone for the continued support and well wishes!”

WILDMANRS

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home from seeing John.
He is still in the ICU burn unit .
They think he might be able to leave the ICU next week and go to physical rehab facility .
His sprits seam to be up and taking it day by day, but it is really hard on him.
He is reading this and social media and thanks you all for the kind words, prayers and wishes.
I talked him into drawing the 4 wining tickets of the raffle .
Claude Maina won the Cherokee 98
Donald Cosgrove won the Lance Beta
Doug Garcia won the 2.6 Goblin
John Broadbent Won the Blackhawk 38.
We raised $6970.00
Thank You al for donating .

epflyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am so happy to have been able to support the fundraiser for John and hope that the recovery progresses swiftly. The 2.6" Goblin that I won in the raffle has been completed and I hope to fly it this weekend. Thanks to Tim for his generosity in this fundraising effort. Here is a photo of the Goblin.

398.jpeg
399.jpeg