• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

One little measurement... Centuri Spirit of America (5344) decals.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
SCIGS30 created a very nice .pdf of the decals, but didn't indicate any dimensions. He hasn't responded yet to my request for more info.

Of course, I'm in China, and nothing works the way it should around here (yes, I'm a tad grumpy today... I'm a little sick, I'm tired, and I'm broke, and I'm sick and tired of being broke). The instructions clearly state that the decals shouldn't reach the end of the body tube, but from what I was able to do with the .pdf file, not only does it reach the end, but it overlaps it as well.

Centuri Spirit of America (5344)(Stock, Decaled) angle view.png

If I can get a measurement of a decal, such as either the thickness of the decal with the stars, or the width of the Centuri Logo, I should be able to scale mine down to match the original.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you ever get what you needed here?
I have this one tucked in a box.
I can dig it out and get what you need tomorrow when I get up.
Don't know the time difference from MI to China.
BTW, do you scans with a rule of the Estes Scrambler fins?
Or know if JimZ's scan when printed is correct size?
I'm going to make them thru the wall mounting and want to get them into rocsim so I can print a template.
Thanks.

Did you ever get what you needed here?
I have this one tucked in a box.
I can dig it out and get what you need tomorrow when I get up.

No, I didn't get the info needed. I'd appreciate it if you could find and measure that for me.

Don't know the time difference from MI to China.

Right now I'm 13 hours ahead of you. If/when you go to daylight savings time, that will likely be 12 hours.

BTW, do you scans with a rule of the Estes Scrambler fins?
Or know if JimZ's scan when printed is correct size?

My .ork file for the Scrambler has accurate measurements for the fins. IIRC, I measured them from an eBay purchased kit.

I'm going to make them thru the wall mounting and want to get them into rocsim so I can print a template.
Thanks.

If you download the .ork file, you can print them from there (as well as add the TTW fin tabs if you want).

I'll dig into it tonight, but I'd wake up the people in the next apartment.
So it will have to wait till morning. Silent time is from 10pm to 8am.
I've been turned in twice for my tv too loud already.
I'll get on it while I drink my tea first thing in the morning.
I don't have open rocket, but if you could post a pic, or post actual measurements that would be awesome.

Back