Once more unto the breech!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionel

Reaction score
What's up peoples!? I loved building and flying estes rockets when I was a kid.. Now that I have my own children i happen to find myself in toystores every once in a while.. Well i happened upon the estes display and couldn't help myself :)

My four year old son has a blast coming with me to the park to launch, however after buying and building about twelve simple estes rockets in the span of a week, I wound up on google looking for something more.. Now I'm here :)

I have fallen in love with the hobby once more, and intend to go for my level one cert here this spring/summer. I have been in the army for almost nine years now, spent my fair share of time overseas.. Just moved back from a three year tour in Okinawa, Actually. I am currently in the Augusta, Georgia (Fort Gordon) area for about a year.. Does anyone know of a club out this way? I'd be very interested in getting in touch with someone who can mentor me towards my lvl1 certification. I am working on a LOC-IV (Almost ready to fly!!) which will be flown on an E first, then probably move into the F-G range a few flights before I go for the H shot. I posted a picture of the paintjob I have been working on for a few weeks now.. I am honestly impressed with the results being rustoleum rattle can paint.

Thank you everyone who has posted countless little tips throughout this forum, they have been invaluable to me throughout my work on this rocket.

-Lionel

What size E because that is a pretty big rocket. im not sure how high it will go.I would at least use a F but nothing smaller.Alex

Welcome to the forum Lionel. You and your kids are going to have a blast with rocketry. The smaller vendors have some very interesting and fun designs, I'd suggest you spend some time browsing the vendors sites you'll find through the forum. Apogee components has a free download of Rocksim, a rocket design and flight simulation that can be fun and useful for things like motor choice. I'll bet there is already a file for the LOC IV that will allow you to "fly" the rocket on different motors. Ted

Back