Quantcast

On the build table. My first 5.5" LOC rockets.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Love LOC stuff. I use it for scratcch builds lots. What's the green thing??

DAllen

Reaction score
Which LOC kits are those? Or is this 5.5" build original design?

Pete.D

Ex Rocket Scientist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting configuration for an ebay. Could you explain why the unique shape? I'm guessing that it's designed to fit around a central tube, but why the open segment?

DAllen

Reaction score
Interesting configuration for an ebay. Could you explain why the unique shape? I'm guessing that it's designed to fit around a central tube, but why the open segment?
I'm going to bet that open section is for where the eye bolt connects to the centering ring.

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to bet that open section is for where the eye bolt connects to the centering ring.
Nailed it. Center hole is fir the loooong motors and the cutout is for the eye hook for the shock cord.

Dustin Lobner

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Now that is a slick idea...nice job thinking outside the box. Well done.

HHaase

Siegecraft Electronics
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
How to you power up the altimeter? Looks like a good candidate for a Eggfinder mini-wifi switch.

It also looks sealed, is there a vent anywhere?

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How to you power up the altimeter? Looks like a good candidate for a Eggfinder mini-wifi switch.

It also looks sealed, is there a vent anywhere?
I was planning on using a screw switch on this on. I do need to look into the wifi switch though. I could use a couple of them. It will be vented by the hole for the screw switch and another hole if needed

BSNW

Reaction score
An "ebay" it holds my electronics for electronics for electronic deployment.View attachment 446771
Please Please Please let me know how I can purchase a couple of these!!! PM me if you can/want. This is just what I need for my new 5.5" scratch build.

ALSO, PLEASE consider posting photos of this new kind of bay on the "Avionics Bay Thread" it is a sticky thread on the Recovery Forum. This is too cool not to show others! WOW!

Thanks

HHaase

Siegecraft Electronics
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Please Please Please let me know how I can purchase a couple of these!!! PM me if you can/want. This is just what I need for my new 5.5" scratch build.

ALSO, PLEASE consider posting photos of this new kind of bay on the "Avionics Bay Thread" it is a sticky thread on the Recovery Forum. This is too cool not to show others! WOW!

Thanks
Agreed. This is one of the coolest av-bays I’ve seen in a long time.

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks
I talked to the creator and he can make them for you for $35 shipped. I need to know what color(orange, black, green, silver, yellow or blue), charge well size, what altimeter and what battery.