On board 360 degree view from a high power rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was cool! one thing I caught on the youtube description was "about 5 kilometers above the Central Oregon desert."
I had no idea there was desert in Oregon.

that was cool! one thing I caught on the youtube description was "about 5 kilometers above the Central Oregon desert."

I think there was a camera that was a domed shaped affair that was supposed to do 360 degrees from one device. If I recall it wasn't cheap. A quick search shows a variety available now. I suspect using 5 discrete cameras each with high resolution
would give a better quality even with post-processing. Kurt

There is plenty of 'desert' in Oregon. Most of it is high sage brush.

Where in Oregon was this done? and When?

There is plenty of 'desert' in Oregon. Most of it is high sage brush.

That looks as if the launch tower was on the hill behind the main launch area at the OROC launch site outside of Brothers in Oregon.

hmm... within 10 ft of this mark

Last edited:

At the Brothers Oregon Rocketry launch site. (as Salvage-1 pointed out)

The launch was PSAS's "Launch 12" July 19th, 2015. It took about a year to get around to stitching and processing all the video (about 50 GB total, raw).

https://github.com/psas/Launch-12

This was LV2's (the third generation airframe) 7th launch, this time flying on a CTI N2501 motor.

At the Brothers Oregon Rocketry launch site. (as Salvage-1 pointed out)

The launch was PSAS's "Launch 12" July 19th, 2015. It took about a year to get around to stitching and processing all the video (about 50 GB total, raw).

https://github.com/psas/Launch-12

This was LV2's (the third generation airframe) 7th launch, this time flying on a CTI N2501 motor.

That was really, really cool, thanks for posting this!

Back