On A Recent Basement Dig...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
So I was poking around in my basement while on the phone with a friend and came across some model rocket motors that I thought were pretty unique. I was never really into collecting motors but over the years have ended up with tons of them. Here are some that I thought were kinda cool:

1. Enerjet E24-7... I didn't think I had ANY Enerjet motors and was thrilled to find I have several of these.

2. Estes 18mm, full length 1/4 A3-4, 1969... The casing is thick as heck and this is a really long delay! Other than an upper stage motor I'm guessing the Streak was the only model that would even move on this thing!

3. Centuri B3-0, 1967 and 1/2 A6-0s, 1968... The first one was made 2 months after I was:D, the second was a surprise because I did not realize Centuri ever made "shorty" engines!

4. Estes B6-6, 1973... Hey, its green!

5. Canaroc D18-7, 1981... The casing is plastic and the nozzle looks like tar with bubbles, weird.

engines.jpg

Careful Scott, you might start a new trend- cleaning out the build area!:D

so what's the plan with the motors? it would be a shame to use the really rare ones.

so what's the plan with the motors? it would be a shame to use the really rare ones.

Well, I'm definately going to keep the really oddball ones... It's too much of a pain in the butt to sell/ship them. I was thinking of trying a few of the shorty motors at one of the club launches under the old motor testing program. After that I will probably just keep em... I wouldn't want the basement to get too clean.:rolleyes:

2. Estes 18mm, full length 1/4 A3-4, 1969... The casing is thick as heck and this is a really long delay! Other than an upper stage motor I'm guessing the Streak was the only model that would even move on this thing!
Cool, Scott! The whole collection, not just #2.

Does that 1/4A motor look like it's a 2.75" long 13 mm motor shoved into an 18 mm casing? I have some old motors, and a couple of them are like that, with a really thick casing, but it looks like a smaller casing inserted into a larger one. They're from 1970 instead of 1969. I don't remember if they were 1/4A's or 1/2A's.

Cool, Scott! The whole collection, not just #2.

Does that 1/4A motor look like it's a 2.75" long 13 mm motor shoved into an 18 mm casing? I have some old motors, and a couple of them are like that, with a really thick casing, but it looks like a smaller casing inserted into a larger one. They're from 1970 instead of 1969. I don't remember if they were 1/4A's or 1/2A's.

No... It looks close to 3/16" thick on both ends of the casing. I know what you are talking about... I have seen that before too. Come to NARAM and I'll give you one:D.

No... It looks close to 3/16" thick on both ends of the casing. I know what you are talking about... I have seen that before too. Come to NARAM and I'll give you one:D.
Not this year, I'm sorry to say.

I don't actually collect old motors either; I just have some that were given to me a few years ago - Centuri, Estes, and Cox motors, maybe 40 or so in all.

Watch out, Scott.

Cleaning out your basement may become a major news event.

"Tonight, see it happen live on Fox! The opening of Rockitflite's basement. Hosted by Geraldo Rivera."

;) :D :rolleyes:

Well, I'm definately going to keep the really oddball ones... It's too much of a pain in the butt to sell/ship them. I was thinking of trying a few of the shorty motors at one of the club launches under the old motor testing program. After that I will probably just keep em... I wouldn't want the basement to get too clean.:rolleyes:

Just bring them to NARAM and put up a sign. Use a "silent auction" format where people just write down their bids (each one underneath the previous one) and the highest bidder on Friday takes them home.

Zero shipping. It would offset the cost of your trip too (or just pay for a few of the kits you'll take home).:D

Back