Olympics Opening Ceremony

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Fabulous display and celebration of Brazilian culture. I am finding it enjoyable.

Seriously Dixie, I really enjoyed it too...

To see the look on the faces of those athletes young and, old. From countries large and, small with the realization that all the hard work and, sacrifice will soon be tested is priceless.
(The Refugee Team) was a real sobering moment. :sigh:

Hopefully it will be an event very little marred by controversy but, by stellar moments of triumph and, personnel bests...

Good luck to all involved and, GO TEAM USA!:wave: (and, Team Germany...and, the Refugee Athletes....)

Swedish Bikini Team was on FIVE MINUTES AGO!:surprised:

Wait, they are blondes, not redheads(?).

Actually was less interested in the parade of participants, more in the opening performance. But with respect to the athletes, it does illustrate the worldwide diversity. At least for a short time, the Olympics helps people look past that, all participants being equal on the field of play.

Hopefully it will be an event very little marred by controversy but, by stellar moments of triumph and, personnel bests...

That is the Olympic Ideal. I think times aren't really that much different from when it started. Those old Greeks were pretty good at mayhem and violence most of the time but they saw some value in taking a break for a friendly footrace.

Wait, they are blondes, not redheads(?)

*cough**cough* I actually meant the Irish Bikini Team! :rolleyes: "They looked like little porcelain dolls with RED hair....:p

Good Olympics so far! Thoughts and, best wishes for a speedy recovery to the French male gymnast who broke his leg the other day.

IF- you've NOT seen that, I recommend you NOT try to find the video...it is NOT pretty. :surprised:
Very sobering moment showing just how hard these athletes are going to compete on the worlds stage.

Back