Olsen M2 Altimeters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locum51

Reaction score
I've searched a couple of times and the only place that sells them is Rocky Mountain Rocketry but their site lists that they're all sold out. :confused2:
What I wanted to know is if someone sells them and if anyone has used them and how Olsen electronics perform.

I had one about 10 years ago. Nice unit with an LCD screen to program & view flight data, Barometric based with a G switch. It can also be downloaded to a computer to plot flight details. I flew mine about 10 times before I buried it into the ground.

JD

I do have one as well.

Pretty unit, I like it a lot. I'm not selling it, it still works great!

I was just looking at this altimeter because of the convience of the LCD screen....What would you recommend in a first altimeter?

Perfectflite MAWD was my second altimeter, and it should have been my first. It's easier than having an LCD screen--really.

I was just looking at this altimeter because of the convience of the LCD screen....What would you recommend in a first altimeter?

PerfectFlite MAWD or MissileWorks RRC2. Good, solid, reliable altimeters.

Not a lot of frills, not a lot of complexity, but enough features that you won't regret it, but not so much that it'll take you six months to figure out how to make it work.

-Kevin

PerfectFlite MAWD or MissileWorks RRC2. Good, solid, reliable altimeters.

Not a lot of frills, not a lot of complexity, but enough features that you won't regret it, but not so much that it'll take you six months to figure out how to make it work.

-Kevin

How about the PerfectFlite Hi45K?

Hard to say. My first was in fact the Olsen FCP-M2. I had a problem with my unit and they repaired it. But most of my early experience was on a MissileWorks RRC2x. I have both of those and a MissileWorks Mini. I fly all of them. The Olsen's were available for a while over the past two years but the last I checked they were sold out again. My understanding is that they are not sure but they might come back into production again at some point.

But don't hold your breath. If you can't find one used then the MissileWorks RRC2x, PerfectFlite MAWD, etc. are all good options. One plus of the older RRC2x over the Mini is the ease of checking the settings. However on the Mini you can setup two common flight profiles and simply switch between them.

Back