Olive Honest John Decal Set

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkworks

Low Earth Orbit, obstructing Earth's view of Venus
Reaction score
I’m building an Honest John and I’m going for the easy olive paint job.

Does anyone have a complete set of decals for this color scheme? I see white text on some photos of the real thing but I can’t make it out. Any close-up shots of non-olive markings, or better yet, actual decals, would be great.

My current build is the 23” Estes, but if decals exist for other sizes, I might just get that one too.

If you get the decals for the Estes BT-55 version (kit #1919), scan them with a ruler for me... I've got a sim that is held up on that issue only.

Not sure how decals matter for a sim(ulation?), but I just found this (p 8/8): https://spacemodeling.org/jimz/estes/est1919.pdf
Funky, K'Tesh does OR files of the EXACT kits that are produced. So a dirty decal scan without a ruler will not work.
BTW you may want to try Tango Papa for either an upscale decal print of the BT-55 Hojo(1919) or a downscale decal of the BT-80 Maxi Brute Hojo(1269). Might be a long shot.
Stickershock 23 has BT-60 size vinyl decals in white but cannot replicate the small lettering at that size.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link... Like kuririn said they are not clear enough or scaled for my purposes.

This may be one of the few times I have to recreate the decals from scratch. Given the correct wording and scale of the markings. Fortunately, stencils are pretty easy to find.

I see. My next step may be to catalog every version of the HoJo there is out there. I see there are a few non-flying kits that may suit my purposes too. But if I happen to find a good deal on a #1919, I can surely scan the decals.

Back