Oldest rocketeer!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 64. Been doing this since '64. Has kind of a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Well, I was momentarily distracted by fast cars and hot girls back in my late teens. Or maybe it was hot cars and fast girls?
the PG answer would be yes.......

I turned 57 on 2/25.

Well a belated but heartfelt "Happy Birthday" from me, for what it's worth. You've got a few years on me (but only a few). Seems like 50's is a common age range around here, not too surprising really.

If any of the admins wants to have a few minutes of database scripting fun, try this:
1) Get all users who have been active within the last, oh I don't know, year or two.
2) Plot a line chart of their ages.

I could easily enough do #1 myself but not #2, since many users (including myself) hide their birthdays from the public. I'd be really interested to see the results.

I am soon to be 59. I weight lift at the gym and I am a Scoutmaster. I must hurry for there they go and I am their leader!

Oh, and I started flying on Charlie's farm in Mo at the tender are of 11. I built the Mars Snooper, Mars Lander, original Interceptor, Sprint, and many others eaten by the big oak trees.

Last edited:
I am soon to be 59. I weight lift at the gym and I am a Scoutmaster. I must hurry for there they go and I am their leader!

Oh, and I started flying on Charlie's farm in Mo at the tender are of 11. I built the Mars Snooper, Mars Lander, original Interceptor, Sprint, and many others eaten by the big oak trees.
Good on you for continuing to lift in the gym. I'm closing in on 70 and lift three times a week in my garage gym and hit the stationary bike every day. Health is definitely a use it or lose it proposition. Chasing rockets can be demanding at Snow Ranch with LUNAR. Up the hill, down the hill, over the creek, in the creek...

Good on you for continuing to lift in the gym. I'm closing in on 70 and lift three times a week in my garage gym and hit the stationary bike every day. Health is definitely a use it or lose it proposition. Chasing rockets can be demanding at Snow Ranch with LUNAR. Up the hill, down the hill, over the creek, in the creek...

It's that chasing rockets thing that has reduced my flying to Black Rock or other playa lakebed launches. There's a dry lake here in Idaho not that far away but it's small and surrounded with housing. I have to admit our launch site here in Idaho isn't that bad, high plains desert.

Back