Old two-stage mini roc from Estes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawa

Reaction score
Does anyone remember an old 2 stage rockets from Estes that used the mini motors? Does Estes even make the A10-0T boosters anymore?

Just thought it would be cool to have a tiny two stager :D

-Jason

Jawa,

One of my favorite kits as a kid was the Estes Beta mini-brute. Two-stage, mini-engine. JimZ's website has the plans. They are easy to clone and loads of fun to fly.

I believe the A10-0T is out of production but some places still have some in stock. Try Red Arrow Hobbies website - I think they have some.

Hope this helps...

Keith

I was looking around, and I see Estes makes an A10-PT for those little rocket car things.

I wonder how hard/easy it would be to remove the P and just make it an A10-T....

hmmmm.....

Anyone ever do this?

-Jason

the hobby shop down my block has a bunch of 1/2 a's and a 10's there... i can ask em where they order em from if u want...

Jason, don't forget to ask your local Tampa pals! ;) Ralph's Hobbies in St. Pete has about 14 packs on his shelf. He'll sell them to you for about $3 a pack! He's been wanting to get rid of some inventory and would be more than happy to cut you a deal. I currently have 4 packs in my box and am looking to build a mini-two stager myself. Jason Toft lives about 2 blocks from Ralph's. Drop him a line if you intend to go down there and he'd be happy to introduce you to Ralph. If you end up going there on your own, tell him Jason and Eugene sent you. He'll cut you a good deal. BTW, he also has B6-0s that he's selling for $4!!! Make like a bandit and load up!

Take care. I'm already looking forward to next month's local Tampa meet. I have a feeling we're going to grow quickly.

Originally posted by sandman
We missed the Mini Cobra too.

https://www.dars.org/jimz/est0898.htm

Sandman, this was the one I was thinking of :D
We will have to compare projects at some point.
Thanks!!!

Eugene, I talked to Jason last night, before you posted, and he told me that Ralph's and Phil's usually has a good selection of Estes stuff. I will be checking them out ;)

-Jason

Do not forget your own designs....

Here is a 13mm 2 stage cluster I designed and fly: tripl A10s in the bottom stage (A10-0t in the middle, and twin A10-Ps on the outsides)

The booster has a dual streamer recovery system, and this flies equally well as a non clustered 2 stager. I entered this in the May 03 Fliskits DOM. Here is the link to the plans if anyone wants them:

https://www.fliskits.com/services/01services_dom_fs.htm

Scroll down to May 2003, and click on the Earth Luna Transport.

Here is a pic of her taking off:

Oh yeah.... many smaller 18mm rockets can be easily converted to 13mm. I have done this with many of my birds due to my small local flying field. I even converted the old Apogee II to 13mm.

Originally posted by sandman
We missed the Mini Cobra too.

https://www.dars.org/jimz/est0898.htm

But this one is on my "to build" list for this winter. Not mini engined but two stage anyway. Sort of a two stage Astron Interceptor.

I have all the decals and the nose cone from JimZ.

https://www.dars.org/jimz/est1910.htm

sandman

It's probably a good thing that JimZ won't return my emails (I've tried lots of times to no avail) - I'd probably go broke buying cool stuff from him!! :D

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
the hobby shop down my block has a bunch of 1/2 a's and a 10's there... i can ask em where they order em from if u want...
I'm interested in 1/2A-0Ts. Can you get me their #?

thanks,
-bill

Originally posted by wyldbill
I'm interested in 1/2A-0Ts. Can you get me their #?

thanks,
-bill

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3903&highlight=A100T

Bill, check out the link above. Give this hobbyshop a call. He's got several packs left. Tell him Eugene sent you and I'm sure he'll give you a better deal than what's offered in the original thread.

Let me know if you do end up calling. (Ralph's a good guy!)

EDIT - I just realized you're looking for the 1/2A's. Ah well. If you end up needing A10-0Ts, you've got a source.

I appeciate it anyway. I actually bought a bunch of A10-OTs from Red Arrow at $30/10pks a while ago. I'm set for a while on those :) It's the A3-0Ts and 1/2A3-0Ts that I've got a few left of, but would like to create a smallish hoard.

-bill

sure i just gotta find my phone book now... ill have it up by the end of the night...

yeah werent they there? lleme check...

ok upon further inspection i realize im slightly dislexic and mistaked the 3 for a 10 somehow...

As a much younger man, I flew the Beta. Great rocket! REcently I built a Midget based on the JimZ horde of plans. Another great roc - flew it until I lost the sustainer in the sun, blasting away on an A4-3T... and with only one A10-0T in hand, I don't really want to replace it. :(

Back