old proline 4500

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVArcas

Reaction score
I have some older proline 4500, understand it does not age well.

It was tough to pop off the tin, and on the hardener i literally drilled holes to pour it through a lid that will not come off.

It does seem to harden correctly though! If the stuff has gone bad, will there be warning signs (like a poor cure) or will it stealthily result in a bad bond? Hoping for the former but prepared for the latter!

damn, no one? proline web site seems dead too

friend emailed wildman, we will post any additional info here

this website is not dead, trust me haha!
trying over the last week or two got nothing but "Bandwidth exceeded" messages, which IME usually means a third party hosting co has not been paid in far too long

the people on the discord I own might be able to help ya out I posted the link I believe you saw it, if you want to stop by tell me you joined and I will tell the people who may be able to help.

followup -

All signs so far point to proline 4500 taking a few years w/o issue, might take some extra mixing or warming but not particularly different from other epoxies in this regard

Guessing the folks who have had problems were off ratio or poorly mixed, and that would apply equally to fresh glue too

Back