Old News?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did Estes discontinue the V2? Can't seem to find them. Also, and I'm sure this is old, what ever became of the Q2G2 igniters? When last I was in, there was a fire in the Chinese fireworks factory that was making them. What are our sure-fire go to's these days? I never had a misfire from those on my 5 cluster rockets.

Thanks,
CAH

Did Estes discontinue the V2? Can't seem to find them. Also, and I'm sure this is old, what ever became of the Q2G2 igniters? When last I was in, there was a fire in the Chinese fireworks factory that was making them. What are our sure-fire go to's these days? I never had a misfire from those on my 5 cluster rockets.

Thanks,
CAH

Looks like the V-2 has been discontinued for the time being. The Q2G2 has been gone for a long time.

For BP clusters, I use regular Estes igniters with the tips dipped in quickdip and have never had an issue on up to 7 motors. It seems expensive but one bottle of quickdip will get you hundreds of augmented igniters.

http://www.quickburst.net/quick_dip.htm

the BT80 V2 comes and goes in the Estes line-up. And yes, right now it has gone. Should still be a few out there in the retail channels.

Q2G2 was entirely dependent on Quest ordering more BP motors from the factory in China. The factory would not make them available separately. When Bill sold Quest to Aerotech, that sealed the fate on us getting Q2G2 igniters, as Aerotech was more focused on developing their own capability to make motors (Q-jets).

I think the Estes V2 is OOP now. It’s probably available at some online vendors and/or local hobby shops.

Q2G2 igniters haven’t been available for a long time now.
A good BP igniter option is available here,
https://electricmatch.com/rocketry/see/23/6/bp-rocket-starters

Those e-matches look to be of good quality. Shipping was expensive ($12.00) so I ordered 50 of them. Will give a review sometime in the future!
Thanks for the advice. :)

Back