Old guy that never stopped helping students during these Covid times...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

High Desert Rocketry

Reaction score
I'm 69 years old but never stopped advising/mentoring student rocket projects, both motor testing and flights for TARC, ESRA IREC SAC, NASA SLI, and FAR-1030 competitions. I do wear a mask when I'm with students just as they do. My wife (age 67...don't tell her I told) and I have fortunately been virus-free. You can live your life in fear or live it to the fullest. People die in traffic accidents but we don't lock down cars and trucks...we make seat belts, airbags etc to make them safer just as does wearing masks, social distancing and washing hands. The only time in over 60 years of rocket making that I've been injured was when we were going to a rocket competition and while driving from the airport to the motel a driver on the interstate fell asleep and smashed into us sending me and one of the students to the ER.
Life has risks...virus lockdown or not, today I again donated blood to help save others...maybe you?
DSC_0837 (2).JPG

This past Saturday a team I mentor launched their NASA USLI full scale competition project at MDARS...
Mojave Desert Advanced Rocketry Society

DSC_0751 (2).JPG

2-27-2021 MDARS full scale NASA USLI.png

2-27-2021 flight ed.png

DSC_0761 (2).JPG

DSC_0770 (2).JPG

DSC_0778 (2).JPG

Help put smiles on a team near you :)

Last edited:

Sluggo

Reaction score
58 years old. Not afraid to die. I've basically achieved my dreams and have moved on to live a simple life. I was living in NY when the virus broke out. It's a corrupt state. In June 2020 I moved out west to a state that never shut down. Couldn't be happier. Life is as normal as normal can be in these times. Been building rockets through the cold months. I love photography and the landscapes here are gorgeous. Live free or die. America the beautiful.

Sluggo

Reaction score
Great pictures.!!

I like the way you're approaching life too. Nice thread here.

Attachments