Old Aerotech 29mm Casing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PedroTheRocketNerd

Reaction score
I recently bought a used 29/240 casing that was manufactured (if I am reading the date code right, it is pretty worn) in 1990. Its closures are of a different style than what I see in pictures of newer 29mm high power cases - they look like the closures from my 29/40-120 case. I was wondering if this would create compatibility issues with newer reloads, or if it is readily usable with new 29/240 loads.

Attachments

• rocket_motor.jpg
    rocket_motor.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 76
Get the correct closures for it and it'll fly fine. Those are 40-120 closures. Get a seal disk too so you can fly the full range of 29 reloads.

Get the correct closures for it and it'll fly fine. Those are 40-120 closures. Get a seal disk too so you can fly the full range of 29 reloads.
Yes indeed those are closures for the 29/40-120 and definitely not the correct ones for that casing, scary that someone sold them that way or even tried to use them in that configuration. I just had to try and see if the Hobbyline Closures would fit the RMS case, so I tried a set from my collection.....scary.....

Thank you for your answers, I guess I overlooked the obvious truth: it doesn't look like it has 29/40-120 closures, it does have them. I am going to contact the rocketeer who sold me these and see if he has a correct set. If he doesn't, I will buy one.

I think the threading is different between a 29/40-120 and 29/240 he may have damaged the casing forcing them on.

I think the threading is different between a 29/40-120 and 29/240 he may have damaged the casing forcing them on.
Nope the threads are the same, and the 29/40-120 closures thread all the way in, the RMS closures will not thread fully into the Hobbyline case because of shoulder ahead of the threads.

Back